Ace Mfg. Co. Inc. 25 cent slot machine

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Ace Mfg. Co. Inc. 25 cent slot machine

Postby jpearnhardt » Wed May 31, 2017 7:01 pm

I was looking through Collector's Guide to Vintage Coin Machines by Richard Bueschel and found a machine on page 67 that I would like to add to my collection. The machine is a 25 cent made by Ace Mfg. Co in Glen Burnie, Maryland. I only live a short distance from there and thought how cool it would be to have a machine in my collection that was made in my backyard. I have attached a picture from the book. From what I know, this company bought out Pace and renamed Ace. These machines were made in the late 50's to early 60's. The article states that these machines are usually found in Maryland but I am having no luck locating one. I hope someone on this forum can help. I would like the machine to be in good working condition but would consider a nonworking machine if the price was right. Please contact me by email: jperry6123@gmail.com or cell number 410-458-1578 if you have any information.

Thanks,
Jim Perry
Attachments
ace.jpg
jpearnhardt

Re: Ace Mfg. Co. Inc. 25 cent slot machine

Postby mechanic » Wed May 31, 2017 7:22 pm

IT WAS 1983, I WAS WORKING IN SAN MATEO CA REPAIRING AND CONVERTING SLOTS. MOST OF THEM WERE BACK TO BACKS. WE CUT THEM IN HALF AND HAD A METAL PLATE WELDED TO THE BACKS MAKING TWO INDEPENDENT MACHINES. IN THE INVENTORY WERE ALSO SOME ACE AS WELL AS SPACE OPEN FRONTS. MANY WERE BALDECCHI OPEN FRONTS. ANYWAY ALL WERE CONVERTED TO 25C. WE SHIPPED NEARLY 800 BACK EAST AND THEY THEN DISAPPEARED, WHERE THEY WENT I DON'T KNOW BUT THEY ALL WENT TO GLEN BURNIE MD. NOW IF YOU FIND ONE OR MORE TAKE NOTE NOT ALL HAD PACE STYLE MECHS IN THEM, WE ALSO USED MILLS MECHS WITH A CONVERSION KIT TO MOUNT LATE MODEL PACE COIN ACCEPTORS TO. SO IF YOU FIND ONE WITH A MILLS MECH INSIDE IT IS A LEGIT CONVERSION NOT A HACK JOB. THE ACE'S WERE SHIPPED AS IS AT THE SAME TIME AND THEY TOO DISAPPEARED. THATS SOME OF THE HISTORY!!! IF YOU FIND THEM LET ME KNOW. i OFTEN WONDERED WHERE THEY ENDED UP.
mechanic

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 am

mechanic wrote:IT WAS 1983, I WAS WORKING IN SAN MATEO CA REPAIRING AND CONVERTING SLOTS. MOST OF THEM WERE BACK TO BACKS. WE CUT THEM IN HALF AND HAD A METAL PLATE WELDED TO THE BACKS MAKING TWO INDEPENDENT MACHINES. IN THE INVENTORY WERE ALSO SOME ACE AS WELL AS SPACE OPEN FRONTS. MANY WERE BALDECCHI OPEN FRONTS. ANYWAY ALL WERE CONVERTED TO 25C. WE SHIPPED NEARLY 800 BACK EAST AND THEY THEN DISAPPEARED, WHERE THEY WENT I DON'T KNOW BUT THEY ALL WENT TO GLEN BURNIE MD. NOW IF YOU FIND ONE OR MORE TAKE NOTE NOT ALL HAD PACE STYLE MECHS IN THEM, WE ALSO USED MILLS MECHS WITH A CONVERSION KIT TO MOUNT LATE MODEL PACE COIN ACCEPTORS TO. SO IF YOU FIND ONE WITH A MILLS MECH INSIDE IT IS A LEGIT CONVERSION NOT A HACK JOB. THE ACE'S WERE SHIPPED AS IS AT THE SAME TIME AND THEY TOO DISAPPEARED. THATS SOME OF THE HISTORY!!! IF YOU FIND THEM LET ME KNOW. i OFTEN WONDERED WHERE THEY ENDED UP.

Well, hello friendly!
It just so happens, that Jim Perry e-mailed me recently, about trying to find an Ace machine, as pictured above.
I just spoke with him this past evening, about an hour before your posting. I didn't tell him at the time, but you
were first on my list, to contact, hoping that you may have one, or know someone that does. He is anxious to
find one for his collection, being as they were made in his own backyard. Well, now that you have popped his
bubble, with the info about them being shipped back to Glen Burnie, it is putting the ball more in his court. He
really should be able to turn something up, out of the 800 shipped. Sure is strange how they would all disappear,
when there are so many new collectors looking for machines. It might also be wise, to keep an eye on CraigsList
in the Maryland area. You never know. In the meantime, I will be checking with a couple of other sources.
And 'NO', one of them is not going to be Willie Wonka. If he does have one, he will want your first-born, and
some change!
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SlotFan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:31 am

Might be worth a call or email to Larry Debaugh as that's his neck of the woods.
http://www.oldslots.com/
SlotFan

Postby mechanic » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:36 am

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:
mechanic wrote:IT WAS 1983, I WAS WORKING IN SAN MATEO CA REPAIRING AND CONVERTING SLOTS. MOST OF THEM WERE BACK TO BACKS. WE CUT THEM IN HALF AND HAD A METAL PLATE WELDED TO THE BACKS MAKING TWO INDEPENDENT MACHINES. IN THE INVENTORY WERE ALSO SOME ACE AS WELL AS SPACE OPEN FRONTS. MANY WERE BALDECCHI OPEN FRONTS. ANYWAY ALL WERE CONVERTED TO 25C. WE SHIPPED NEARLY 800 BACK EAST AND THEY THEN DISAPPEARED, WHERE THEY WENT I DON'T KNOW BUT THEY ALL WENT TO GLEN BURNIE MD. NOW IF YOU FIND ONE OR MORE TAKE NOTE NOT ALL HAD PACE STYLE MECHS IN THEM, WE ALSO USED MILLS MECHS WITH A CONVERSION KIT TO MOUNT LATE MODEL PACE COIN ACCEPTORS TO. SO IF YOU FIND ONE WITH A MILLS MECH INSIDE IT IS A LEGIT CONVERSION NOT A HACK JOB. THE ACE'S WERE SHIPPED AS IS AT THE SAME TIME AND THEY TOO DISAPPEARED. THATS SOME OF THE HISTORY!!! IF YOU FIND THEM LET ME KNOW. i OFTEN WONDERED WHERE THEY ENDED UP.

Well, hello friendly!
It just so happens, that Jim Perry e-mailed me recently, about trying to find an Ace machine, as pictured above.
I just spoke with him this past evening, about an hour before your posting. I didn't tell him at the time, but you
were first on my list, to contact, hoping that you may have one, or know someone that does. He is anxious to
find one for his collection, being as they were made in his own backyard. Well, now that you have popped his
bubble, with the info about them being shipped back to Glen Burnie, it is putting the ball more in his court. He
really should be able to turn something up, out of the 800 shipped. Sure is strange how they would all disappear,
when there are so many new collectors looking for machines. It might also be wise, to keep an eye on CraigsList
in the Maryland area. You never know. In the meantime, I will be checking with a couple of other sources.
And 'NO', one of them is not going to be Willie Wonka. If he does have one, he will want your first-born, and
some change!
Bill

The only one who knows where all these machines went is Willie !!! GOOD LUCK !!!
mechanic

Postby jpearnhardt » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:46 pm

SlotFan wrote:Might be worth a call or email to Larry Debaugh as that's his neck of the woods.
http://www.oldslots.com/
I am personal friends with Larry and visit him often. He was the very first person I asked about this machine. Jim
jpearnhardt

Postby jpearnhardt » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:46 am

I am still looking for this machine. If anyone out there has one for sale, please contact Jim Perry. email - jperry6123@gmail.com or cell # 410-458-1578. I can't imagine that 800 machines shipped to Maryland just disappeared. Someone somewhere must know where one of these machines are.
jpearnhardt

Postby drishoff » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:20 pm

1965 Space slot machine

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
drishoff

Return to Slots