Mills Black Cherry not paying out

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills Black Cherry not paying out

Postby PDX shane » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:20 am

First time user... was just handed down my father's Black Cherry half-dollar machine. It has been operating properly but when I removed mechanism to clean and oil it now does not pay out.
- I did not oil the payout slides
- the Fifth Click Stop Lever is not releasing the slides at end of cycle to let them click back
- no fifth click - machine is not fully cycling. Not sure if something is stuck or if clock is not getting fully cocked or not running long enough
- the issue just started today

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shane
Shane
PDX shane

Re: Mills Black Cherry not paying out

Postby damikeguy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:07 am

Shane,
Where are you located? There might be a member in your area willing to help.
Mike
Mike
damikeguy

Postby PDX shane » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:13 am

I am in Portland, Oregon.
Shane
PDX shane

Postby oldslotman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:25 am

download/file.php?id=8718

make sure this lever is not pushed forward. in this picture it is forward, should be back.
oldslotman

Postby PDX shane » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:05 pm

The lever is in the forward position. I can move it a little but not even to the "12 o clock" position. How do I move it to the back position?

I attached a pic but not sure if I loaded it correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Shane
Attachments
SDD lever.JPG
Lever pic
Shane
PDX shane

Postby PDX shane » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:12 pm

I figured out how to move the lever back. However, did not fix the problem. There are usually five "clicks" to a cycle - the three wheels braking, a four click, and the fifth which is the payout slides retracting. The stop on the slides is not pulling away to allow the slides to complete the cycle.

Shane
Shane
PDX shane

Postby oldslotman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Can you cycle the machine out of the case?
oldslotman

Postby PDX shane » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:04 pm

I think I found it. See pic - the Reel Timer Lever has a stop - the pic has it in the up position but it was down and stopping the timer lever from finishing the cycle. Once I moved it up it allows the clock to run a bit longer and release the pay slides. Not sure the purpose of the stop other than if you want to set the machine to never pay. I'm learning as I go but appreciate the quick feedback from this forum.

Shane
Attachments
Reel Timer Lever stop.JPG
Shane
PDX shane

Postby mechanic » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:10 pm

Sounds like the 5th click is not engaging behind the master slide. You can check this either in or out of the cabinet. If it is not engaging it will not move at the end of the cycle. If it is the problem then you will need to loosen the bolt just below the no pay unit pictured. First loosen the hex nut then the square head bolt. Do not let the lift pin move!!!! Thats the shank that is being held in place. Now the adjustment!!! You will need a good eyeball or an old spark plug feeler gauge. Tap the back of the pin into the hole it is sticking out of just a little 50 thousands tighten all back down and test it. If the 5th click engages you will still have to redo the process again and go another 50 thousands in. This should take care of any further issues with the 5th click. If this does not work then redo it a third time putting it all back the way it was before you started and once done check to see if the slide reset push bar is worn down, this will cause the same problem. If so then you need to get an 1/8" weld bead put on the end and grind it square then reinstall it. Good Luck !!!! Jim
mechanic

Postby mechanic » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:13 pm

PDX shane wrote:I think I found it. See pic - the Reel Timer Lever has a stop - the pic has it in the up position but it was down and stopping the timer lever from finishing the cycle. Once I moved it up it allows the clock to run a bit longer and release the pay slides. Not sure the purpose of the stop other than if you want to set the machine to never pay. I'm learning as I go but appreciate the quick feedback from this forum.

Shane

Thats an anti cheat device so if you try to bump the slides it engages and will not let the machine finish its cycle. Better than the other possible issues!
mechanic

Next

Return to Slots