Aristocrat Collectors?

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Aristocrat Collectors?

Postby Imyourcaptain » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 am

Anyone here collect Aristocrat machines or know much about them? I just picked one up and it is really sweet, it is like brand new and it's fully mechanical. I'm interested in what year this may have been made?
Attachments
aristocrat.jpg
Imyourcaptain

Re: Aristocrat Collectors?

Postby cbvig » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:37 am

I can't help you on your question but perhaps you can answer mine: What kind of carousels are your machines on? Do they lock down?
Thanks,
Chris
Oregon
cbvig

Postby Imyourcaptain » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Chris,

They do lock down

I custom made these out of premade round pine boards I found at Home Depot. Lowe’s has them too, they were slightly bigger and more expensive.

I ordered 12” steel lazy Susan’s from eBay (made in USA)

To lock them in place I used 3/8” zinc plated eye bolts. You can get these at depot or eBay
Simply drill a 3/8 hole in back thru both boards and voila! The eye bolt will lock it up!

Also while you’re at you’re local home improvement store you’ll need to grab a dowel, smallest one they carry. I cannot recall the size. You’ll be able to screw the bottom of the lazy Susan in but need the dowels to put the top on. The lazy Susan’s do not come apart.

If you have any questions just let me know. Think it cost me around $30 per set.

Randy
Attachments
9AB9CB1E-F0A7-4FB8-AF69-E129EF5DAC4A.jpeg
Imyourcaptain

Postby georgetwo922 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:19 pm

I had an Aristocrat a couple of years ago that looked to be in about the same good condition as yours. Mine was all mechanical but did have lights. Is that one an em or is it mpu controlled? If it's em it probably is mid to late 70's. If mpu controlled probably early to mid 80's. It is a nice looking machine.
georgetwo922

Postby Imyourcaptain » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:38 pm

It’s fully mechanical with a couple lights.

Interesting mech though, plastic pay slides(minus the bottom one)and plastic reels. Outside of that it’s all good metal. Plays and pays great. It has what may be the first ever scatter pay feature? A certain symbol shows up in any combination in the window and it pays.

Guy I bought it from paid $2100 in 1991, receipt was still inside!

Randy
Imyourcaptain

Postby georgetwo922 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:08 pm

All mechanical like the one I had, and I believe when I researched mine, I found that it was made in the 50's. But I'm not really positive about that.
georgetwo922

Postby cbvig » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:19 pm

Thanks so much, Randy. Very helpful!
Chris
cbvig

Postby MillJen » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Randy, re the 12" lazy Susan's you are using - what brand did you go with? I was looking to do something similar but with oak boards the same size of the base of the machines and started researching them but can't make up my mind on which brand to get. How do you like the one you are using ? Are they quiet and spin well ? (Not that they are spun that much, but reading some reviews on them , some seem to spin nice and smooth and others not so much.)
Thanks !
MillJen

Postby Imyourcaptain » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:57 am

If you’re going to go with oak boards same size as base of machines then you’re going to have to come up with a new solution to keep the boards from spinning while playing. Maybe you could make the boards 2-3” longer in back so you can still use the eye hooks like I have in photo above. I made these more of a prototype then a fully finished product. I might make ones out of oak in future. Most of the machines I have are fully original and tend to have issues so the lazy Susan’s allows me a quick and easy access to the back.

I like the ones I ordered from eBay. See link below. The are strong and make little noise and have no issue spinning the machines.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3146559826

Randy
Imyourcaptain

Postby MONTI » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:32 am

Great Idea Captain!
I have an apparatus like that in a slightly different setup for working on slot machines of the mechanical type at my customers homes as space to work is usually limited on in home service calls!
I lay a small pad down in the area I will be working and set the turn table assembly down on that for easy access to the slot machine at all angles!
I like the design of this also as both the upper board and lower board can be permanently fastened to the turn table by making a small hole in one so as to line up with the hole circled on the "Lazy Susan" hardware!
Great Idea, you must be a cabinet maker? LOL

LAZY SUSAN pic.jpg
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Next

Return to Slots