Aristocrat Collectors?

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: Aristocrat Collectors?

Postby Imyourcaptain » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:17 am

Cabinet maker?! Lol hardly. Just wondering the halls of Home Depot came up with the idea. Actually before I found the steel lazy Susan’s on eBay I bought a plastic one. Not bad but they are too tall but I made a custom lazy Susan out of scrap wood laying around. This is what I use for working on mechs out of the case

Enjoy the photos!

Happy New Years everyone!

Randy
Attachments
2984B958-BB23-4017-8E21-CA6B7034C0A9.jpeg
54B8930E-D2DA-4D28-B1E4-2CD3DD0BDE8F.jpeg
Imyourcaptain

Postby MONTI » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:50 pm

This is what I use to work on mechs outside the cabinet but I have refined my work space after doing this for 35 years!
Full time for the last seven years to keep the wolf away from the door! LOL

slot mech work base.JPG
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby CWCadillac » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:37 pm

To.....Imyourcaptain, I can shed a little light on your Aristocrat.....in the early 90's l imported a container load of Australian slot machines (they are called Poker machines in Australia), there were 100 machines, most of them Aristocrats......yours was probably sold by Ancient Slots in Las Vegas, as they did the conversion to the "Gambler"......the Australian machines All had Poker symbols (Kings, Queens, Jacks, etc.) on there reels....by converting to " Fruit" symbols this made the slot more like a U.S. slot and easier to sell for More money! I found the company in Las Vegas that made the glass and reel strips for Ancient Slots "Gambler" machine and was able to buy from them:-) I think I converted about 25 machines to Gamblers......I still have a set or two of glasses and reel strips tucked away (your belly glass is slighly different then the ones I used so I know I didn't convert yours)......I sold all my Australian slots at the Chicagoland show in the early 90's.....Chuck...
CWCadillac

Postby Imyourcaptain » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:57 pm

Monti

Fantastic setup!!!

I am shocked Chuck,

This machine is in fact from Ancient Slots. I knew the reel strips were redone but I wasn’t sure about the glass. The circular escalator was totally chewed up by the previous owners using forks, knives, etc so I had removed it and Put a clear plastic to help guide coin into pay shoot and it works fantastic. Lights up well and it’s actually a lot of fun to play. This machine seems to hook people in like that episode of Twilight zone!!! LOL

I can’t believe you’re the guy that brought these here. Do you have any pics of the machines floating around by any chance, maybe what they looked like before the conversion?
Imyourcaptain

Postby MONTI » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks Captain!

CW
are you in Vegas and did you work at Ancient Slots or know anyone there?
Used to buy from them years ago when I believe they also had a store front of some kind in Reno and at Stateline in Tahoe!
Anyway, I am always looking to chat with the "Old Timers" in the hobby!
Did you know Dave Mercer in Tahoe City before he passed away back in either the late 80's or early 90's, can't remember exactly when!
Just Curious!
MONTI

Catalog.JPG
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP

MONTI

Postby CWCadillac » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:19 pm

I don't live in Las Vegas.....in Seattle........I didn't know the 'Dave' you referred too? I have pictures somewhere what the Aristocrat machines looked like before they were turned into 'Gamblers'....they were much Bigger, they had a large top box that held the award card for the poker machine payoffs, this top box was removed when turning the machine into a 'Gambler', making the machine smaller and less 'top heavy'.......the new belly glass that says 'Gambler' also had the new award card on it.....I also had to install a transformer to change the electricity to 110 volt......the Australian machines either converted to U.S. quarter or dime machines (the dime machines would also work with a penny, but the payoffs would be slightly off).....only some of the Aristocrats could be converted to 'Gamblers', but I don't remember exactly why some could not be converted? I will look for some pictures of the Aristocrats before they were turned into Gamblers.....Chuck...
CWCadillac

Postby CWCadillac » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:55 pm

Here are some pics of the Aristocrats before and after converting them to Gamblers.....Chuck...
Attachments
P1080382.JPG
Aristocrat after converting it to a Gambler
P1080381.JPG
Aristocrat after converting it to a Gambler
P1080384.JPG
Aristocrat as received from Australia
P1080385.JPG
Aristocrat as received from Australia
CWCadillac

Postby JHSS-1944 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:05 am

Sorry don't mean to high jack the post off of the original question....... finding original , specifically made turn table for basic slot machines don't seem to be to difficult. pop up on e-bay ect. from time to time & usual no one wants them. typically they spin in one direction only (mine is clock wise I believe), going in the other direction locks it in place. all metal construction with very nice smooth ball bearings. made to put 4 screws into it , into the bottom of the slot machine. & usually diameter small enough you don't see it out side of the machine & usually fairly thin also. I have one I got for free when I bought a bunch of parts from an antique dealer. no one wanted it , so he tossed it in for free... & I'm not using it.
on this slot machine first , very nice looking machine , great condition. 2nd, I would assume with plastic parts ,late 1970's early 1980's. 3rd, have you gone to Aristocrat's company site yet ?? been awhile for me but, they had some pages of information detailing "their" history, with some photos & names of machines mentioned.
interesting story on how the original owner got hoodwinked out of his company....
My wish 2018, that all the members here find that special something they've been searching for for a long time & bring it home ! Happy New Year !
JHSS-1944

Postby Imyourcaptain » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:54 am

Wow Chuck,

I didn’t think you would have had any pics! It’s funny how the belly glass is different on my machine, but it does pay a little bit different. Thanks for sharing!

Randy
Imyourcaptain

Postby MONTI » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:38 am

Chuck!
I too don't want to high jack the original posting so if you can PM me a picture of your turn table, be interesting to see it!
Thank you,
MONTI

JHSS-1944 wrote:Sorry don't mean to high jack the post off of the original question....... finding original , specifically made turn table for basic slot machines don't seem to be to difficult. pop up on e-bay ect. from time to time & usual no one wants them. typically they spin in one direction only (mine is clock wise I believe), going in the other direction locks it in place. all metal construction with very nice smooth ball bearings. made to put 4 screws into it , into the bottom of the slot machine. & usually diameter small enough you don't see it out side of the machine & usually fairly thin also. I have one I got for free when I bought a bunch of parts from an antique dealer. no one wanted it , so he tossed it in for free... & I'm not using it.
on this slot machine first , very nice looking machine , great condition. 2nd, I would assume with plastic parts ,late 1970's early 1980's. 3rd, have you gone to Aristocrat's company site yet ?? been awhile for me but, they had some pages of information detailing "their" history, with some photos & names of machines mentioned.
interesting story on how the original owner got hoodwinked out of his company....
My wish 2018, that all the members here find that special something they've been searching for for a long time & bring it home ! Happy New Year !
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP

MONTI

PreviousNext

Return to Slots