Rock-Ola Super Triple 50 cent

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Rock-Ola Super Triple 50 cent

Postby wahsah » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:38 am

I have a slot that I believe to be fairly rare. It is a Rock-ola Super Triple, 50 cent denomination. The serial number is 176877. I was hoping someone might have some information on this particular model. (Pictures, parts list, etc.)

It was obviously restored and painted some time back, but I am concerned that the coin slot is absent any denomination embossing (like the 5 cent machines). Since I cannot find a photo online of any 50 cent Super Triple, I am at a loss to know what the coin slide or paint scheme it is supposed to look like.

If anyone can be of assistance, I would appreciate it. :D
Attachments
WP_20180305_08_30_39_Rich.jpg
WP_20180305_08_28_16_Rich.jpg
wahsah

Re: Rock-Ola Super Triple 50 cent

Postby wahsah » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:21 pm

Update:

Thanks to some assistance from some folks not on this forum, it appears that my machine is a 1P English penny machine built by Rock-Ola for the non-American market. The English penny is nearly identical in size to the US half dollar coin, so an English penny machine can accept the half dollar coin without modification. The English penny variation required a reverse gooseneck coin slot due to the large diameter of the coin.

So it looks like I do not have a 50 cent Super Triple after all, but the one I have seems to be fairly unique.
wahsah

Postby mechanic » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Double check the machines gooseneck body just to be sure. A lot of machines are coded on the gooseneck. Check to see if the body has the part number followed by either letters HD or EP. If it has the HD then it is a genuine half dollar machine. If it has EP then you definitely have an english penny. If neither letters show on the body then more research may be needed to be sure.
mechanic

Postby wahsah » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:36 am

Thanks for the reply, mechanic.

I can't find any identifying numbers on the gooseneck - not even a part number. Perhaps I don't know where to look.
The goose neck was chromed at some point, so perhaps the numbers were lost (assuming they were ever there).
wahsah

Return to Slots