Reels won’t spin after cleaning

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Reels won’t spin after cleaning

Postby Missbuddist » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:39 pm

working on a Aristocrat Grosvenor 4 reel I have cleaned machine and put back together I’ve done this many times but this time when I pull lever the reels are not spinning, everything appears to be moving it’s as if the kicker doesn’t have the strength to push them even though it’s moving. Speaking to a poker machine services in England he said to make sure the arm that hold the reels in place is vertical I asked if he ment the stopper at the back that stops the reels from moving while you build up pressure and he said no it’s vertical . Can anyone help please :?
Missbuddist

Re: Reels won’t spin after cleaning

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:58 pm

I have never messed with Aristocrat mechanisms but a Mills mechanism typically has a vertical lever that hits the back of the 3 payout discs (back being the side closest to the back door) which will prevent them from spinning backwards during the windup cycle which allows the reel kicker to get a good grab on the discs during the kick cycle of the mechanism.

If that is not the problem you need to look at all the physical connections between the reel bundle and the kicker and make sure all the strong springs are attached.
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Slots