Old Mills W/skill stops

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Old Mills W/skill stops

Postby 1949 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:51 pm

I hate to keep asking about all these machines, but I also think that all of you like to see the old slots and answer questions. I say if you really want to know something, go to the experts! So here we go. Someone sent me some pictures of an old slot machine their wanting to sell. He says it`s all there and working, original lock, key, back door & cash box . It`s been setting for some time, so I`m sure it needs to be gone through, cleaned lubed & whatever. As you can see in the pictures the wood is pretty rough, which I don`t know if that could be repaired or not.**** So I guess what I need to know is what would you pay for something like this? ****** I haven`t gone to look at it yet, but I`ll keep you posed with what I find out......Thank you for your time.
Attachments
IMG_0257.JPG
IMG_0258.JPG
IMG_0259.JPG
IMG_0260.JPG

Re: Old Mills W/skill stops

Postby clubconsoles » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 pm

wood is fine, just needs re gluing and buff the castings while the machine is dissasembled.
If the skill stops are present and working its a bonus
pay $600 - $1000
clubconsoles

Postby 1949 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:57 pm

OK, I went and looked at the mills w/skill stops today. It does play out and the skill stops seem to work ok. I showed him the paper I printed out with the prices clubconsoles gave me. Of course you know how that went, the prices on e-bay looks a lot better. So trying to hammer something out he came up with another slot machine. (Pictures attached) It`s a mills extraordinary that's part way torn down. He said everything is there accept the cash box and he don`t know if he can find the key or not.(not all the parts are shown in the pictures) He stated that it was working, then one of the kids put some slugs in it and the escalator got jammed, so he took it apart to get the slugs out. Now he says he just never got around to putting it back together./ Or maybe he could not figure it out, or forgot how to, one will never know. He said he would let me have both, the mills w/skill stops & the mills extraordinary for $1200.00 out the door. The one thing about the extraordinary is I would have to have someone put it back together, I didn't tear it down so I don`t know where things go, unless I buy a guide book, I guess. I would just like some expert input if it`s a good price. Thank you all again for helping us that don`t know shit. (but I`m trying to learn.) One other thing, How desirable are the mills skill stops slots?
Attachments
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG

Postby norabt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:04 am

If I was offered that, those slots would be in my collection now.
norabt

Postby damikeguy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:00 am

Fair price I would jump on it.
Mike
damikeguy

Postby gsx11r » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:03 am

1949 , at this price ,dont think, run , and buy them !!!!!! =P~
Just be sure to have the back door for the extraordinary !! The most dificult part to find on this one !!
It s easy to reassemble the escalator Inside , don t worry !!
Just buy them , take some pictures , post them here and ask !! I will be glad to help you !!
Stephane
gsx11r

Postby 1949 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:29 am

Thank you all very much! I`ll keep you posted.

Postby 1949 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:43 pm

I told you I would keep you posted, So here we go. We finally got a time when we could both meet, as he lives a little distance from me. I went today and bought the 2 machines. Then low & behold he comes dragging out another deal, I attached the picture of it.(all there and original) Yes I bought it too for $200. and made sure he had my phone number where he wouldn't lose it. Thanks again to everyone!
Attachments
IMG_0015.JPG

Postby clubconsoles » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:24 pm

nice buy 1949.
You have three machines now or just the two??
Whatever, you have gotten the bug, once you clean up and re assemble these machines , you will be hooked, I guarantee you!!!
all three look nice and original, you are off to a flying start.
Many New slot collectors by a a REPRO or Re manufactured machine first off, not knowing what they have bought until it is TOO LATE.
Asking on here was the right thing to do!
Nigel
clubconsoles

Postby 1949 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:12 pm

Yes I bought all three of them. Thanks Nigel and all that helped me. I`m sure I`ll be bugging you all again once I start messing with them.

Next

Return to Slots