Ask Auctioneer before bidding. A smart thing to do.

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Ask Auctioneer before bidding. A smart thing to do.

Postby firefox1 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:22 am

Ask the auctioneer
An auction is coming up this week selling many slot machines. I began reading the descriptions as a collector and I am concerned. I think I will call the auction house for their professional opinion and ask if they guarantee what they are selling. I don’t want to buy a reproduction machine or a machine with many reproduction parts. I heard there is a guy in California building and reproducing slot machines. I heard some guy building the fiberglass slot machine figures too. My concern is not the fiberglass figures but any and all the slot machines being reproduced and sold at auction or elsewhere.

These are the key points I read on many of the different descriptions for this weekend auction:
1-Possible some reproduction parts. I noticed this on many of the slot machines.
2-Reproduction 25¢ slot machine
3-Slot machine with newer remanufactured wood case and front castings.
3-Nice older machine with newer case,
4-fabricated
5-replica
6-Made to look original but plays like new.
7-Neither mint vendor is hooked up mechanically.
8-Bonus reproduction slot machine
Mint vendor on side not mechanically connected to machine.
firefox1

Re: Ask Auctioneer before bidding. A smart thing to do.

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:44 pm

If you are going to the Chicagoland show or two Donley auctions, you may want to stop by here. There are about a dozen machines for sale, all originals. No reproductions.
Attachments
D58967A0-A984-4588-842C-9DA1CBCA75CE.jpeg
Midcoast Vintage

Re: Ask Auctioneer before bidding. A smart thing to do.

Postby firefox1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:23 am

The auction had over 40 or 50 slots. Who counts, The Chicago Show is great only been a few times.
firefox1

Return to Slots