Jennings Silver Dollar Club Chief

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Jennings Silver Dollar Club Chief

Postby Rumner » Sun May 06, 2018 7:12 pm

IMG_0282.JPG
machines
IMG_0281.JPG
machines reverse

Are these machines worth the investment to restore, or perhaps repair? They were a couple of real barn finds. Need to know where to start. I would love to see them have a new life.
Rumner

Re: Jennings Silver Dollar Club Chief

Postby damikeguy » Mon May 07, 2018 4:03 am

The dollar machine is always desirable and who doesn't want a bonus. Two machines that I wouldn't mind having. If I had them i would definitely restore them. From the pictures they look a little to far gone to just clean up but you could always start with a good clean up. They might clean up nice.
Mike
damikeguy

Postby damikeguy » Mon May 07, 2018 4:12 am

Now that I look at the other pictures they definitely need to be restored. Thats a lot of rust.
Mike
damikeguy

Postby dhellis » Mon May 07, 2018 12:22 pm

I have seen these machines when you posted on a web site that I manage, though I didn't say anything there,
I will say it here
User damikeguy says that if he had them he would restore them, this is likely very different than saying he
would have them restored. If you attempt to do it yourself, the over all cost would be much lower than what
you would pay to have the job done for you.

It appears you are missing back doors, bonnets, locks and keys (go in the back door) so that is already an
added expense. Those missing items, if you find originals may set you back $200 -$300 per machine.

If you decide to do it yourself, take plenty of photos as you tear it down
dhellis

Return to Slots