Jennings Silver Chief pays on every pull

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Jennings Silver Chief pays on every pull

Postby teh461 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:20 pm

I have a Jennings Silver Chief that I bought a couple months ago. Everything had been working fine until it suddenly started paying on every pull regardless of reel positions. It has exhausted all the coins in the tube so it just pays one nickel on every pull. I have looked at the mechanism several times for a broken or unhooked spring, a coin that might be obstructing something or just looking for something that doesn't look right. Everything looks good as far as I can tell. All the springs on the horizontal and vertical payout levers are intact. Any ideas besides taking it apart and cleaning the slides? I haven't done that before and it looks a little intimidating.
Any help is appreciated..
teh461

Re: Jennings Silver Chief pays on every pull

Postby rosekiller454356 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:01 am

Assuming that the side lock does lock into place on the wind up cycle you then need to make sure that the lower payout fingers are also locking into place behind the slides, which will retard any payouts during the release cycle unless the upper payout fingers find a winner. I have seen false payouts occur when the lower payout fingers do not reset due to hardened grease, broken springs or foreign particles.
rosekiller454356

Re: Jennings Silver Chief pays on every pull

Postby mechanic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Check the 5th click first. It seem it's not engaging the back of the master slide. It may be caused by the slide reset push lever not pushing the master forward enough for even the horiz. fingers to engage. If so you would get a large amount of coins dropping on each pull. If it is only a couple coins it may be the safety slide is not engaging properly. Its one of the two.
mechanic

Return to Slots