Thoughts on a potential purchase of a Mills Golden Falls

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Thoughts on a potential purchase of a Mills Golden Falls

Postby teh461 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:25 am

I'm looking for thoughts/opinions on the purchase of a Mills Golden Falls. It currently doesn't have a Mills lock on the back door but the owner agreed to install a Mills lock and sell machine for $1200. It does have original lock and key on the jackpot.

Thanks in advance for your opinions =D>
Attachments
8.jpeg
7.jpeg
6.jpeg
5.jpeg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
teh461

Re: Thoughts on a potential purchase of a Mills Golden Falls

Postby montanaslots » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:28 pm

The mechanism looks original and the reel strips have been replaced. The repo strips are darker and you can see along the edges where the tin have been lifted up and then crimped again. The middle reel strip is not quite right as the symbols are slightly off in the alignment with reels one and three. The escalator looks original and I would ask how does the machine play? I would say overall for a quarter machine this is a fair price but this is just an operator machine, not a collector quality machine. If you want to see what original paint looks like on a quarter Mills Golden Falls go to Craigslist in Phoenix and search mills slot machine. There is a nice example of original castings but the wood has been restored to oak and looks nice. Original Golden Falls machines has gold painted wood cabinets. Dave aka Montana Slots
montanaslots

Return to Slots