Jennings Duchess

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Jennings Duchess

Postby bajrbajr » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:06 am

I have a question about the pay-out on a Jennings Duchess Slot. (5c machine)

Upon hitting a jackpot, does this machine pay 20 coins + the jackpot, or does it just dump the jackpot?
Mine is not paying any coins from the slides, only dumping the jackpot.
The award card says BAR-BAR-BAR pays JACKPOT. (not 20 coins + JACKPOT like most every other slot)

I watched the slides when hitting the jackpot, and the very bottom slide goes all the way back with all the others. Looking under the base plate it looks like the bottom slide is blocking the coins about half way, keeping them from dropping.
bajrbajr

Re: Jennings Duchess

Postby oldslotman » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:46 pm

bajrbajr wrote:I have a question about the pay-out on a Jennings Duchess Slot. (5c machine)

Upon hitting a jackpot, does this machine pay 20 coins + the jackpot, or does it just dump the jackpot?
Mine is not paying any coins from the slides, only dumping the jackpot.
The award card says BAR-BAR-BAR pays JACKPOT. (not 20 coins + JACKPOT like most every other slot)

I watched the slides when hitting the jackpot, and the very bottom slide goes all the way back with all the others. Looking under the base plate it looks like the bottom slide is blocking the coins about half way, keeping them from dropping.

Jennings machines only pay the jackpot. You do not get the 20 coins.
oldslotman

Postby bajrbajr » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:27 pm

thanks for the reply.

I googled pics of Little Dukes & Duchess machines, and some have an award card that says Jackpot+20 coins...
are these misprinted reproduction award cards?
bajrbajr

Postby Rick-okc » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:46 pm

The Little Duke does payout via coin slides AND jackpot.
It's the coin slides moving out of the way that trips the jackpot.
It pretty much operates the same way with the Duchess. Slightly different linkage.
For both machines, ALL of the coin slide move in, releasing their coins, and that allows the jackpot release to drop and release it's coins.
It sounds like something is going on with your coin slides. They all should move in releasing their coins.

I've spent the last two years working on a Little Duke and Duchess service manual.
I'll get my test print copy early next week. If it looks good, I'll be posting here when the manual will be for sale.
It's 125 pages and gets into pretty good detail on working on the Little Duke and Duchess mechs.

Rick
Rick-okc

Return to Slots