Mills payout slide stop lever

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills payout slide stop lever

Postby bajrbajr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:28 pm

I just picked-up a nice Mills Golden Falls machine. Nicely done older restoration.
A problem I am having with it involves the payout slide stop lever. As I understand it this is to lock the slides in place after a payout to prevent cheaters from reaching up into the slides and "raking" out more coins.
What is happening is that the lever is not moving out of the way soon enough on the next play after a payout and it binds against the slides until the actuating arm comes down to push it out of the way. (it isn't being moved soon enough)
The machine will play, but when you can feel the tension of the slides against this lever when pulling the handle, and a solid clang when it releases, and the slides are allowed to move forward.

I see many pics on the internet of machines with this part removed. But since it is riveted-on, and can't easily be re-installed, I want to know if there is some adjustments I am missing somewhere???
Or should I just remove it?

Thanks!
bajrbajr

Re: Mills payout slide stop lever

Postby oldslotman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:38 pm

There are no other adjustments. Over time things become worn and that is why it is acting that way. Any ones that give me trouble I remove. The machine will play a lot smoother. That solid clang is what causes coin jams.
oldslotman

Postby bajrbajr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Thanks for the reply!

How do I go about removing it?
looks to me like I would have to take the tube out, then remove the cap, and grind the rivet off from the back side...

thanks again.
bajrbajr

Postby oldslotman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:16 pm

That’s it
oldslotman

Return to Slots