Mills Golden Falls w/unusual payout feature

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills Golden Falls w/unusual payout feature

Postby atac » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:32 pm

Rick Hector had a repair order for a Mills Golden Falls with an unusual payout feature that neither of us had ever seen before. 3 bars lined up above or below the center line pays 18. It must have been in response to the Jennings Tic Tac Toe machines. The payout is accomplished by two additional fingers--one on each side of the jackpot finger--one tracks above and one tracks below and hits the same hole as the jackpot, just on the respective line. Here are some pics of the front and the fingers, plus one each with the bars above and below hopefully showing the fingers engaged. Anyway, it was kinda neat so I thought I would share it.
Attachments
mgf4.jpg
mgf1.jpg
mgf2.jpg
mgf3.jpg
mgf5.jpg
mgf6.jpg
atac

Re: Mills Golden Falls w/unusual payout feature

Postby ADIDASLOTS » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:46 pm

Very cool indeed! Wonder if someone just custom did that? :roll: I have seen where Buckley would add an additional finger to the rear and extend the bracket and drill appropriate holes in reel discs.
ADIDASLOTS

Postby atac » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:16 am

There is a Mills 25c Jewel bell on ebay right now with the same extra payout label on the award card. Factory Mills or Buckley revamp...(?)
atac

Postby nvmos2 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:26 pm

This shows how important Dick Bueschel was to the hobby;
I have a vague recollection of him addressing this in one of his columns/letters to editor,
but I have not been able to find it after a rather quick check.
nvmos2

Return to Slots