Mills Vest Pocket... what the heck are THESE for?

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills Vest Pocket... what the heck are THESE for?

Postby shortrackskater » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:45 am

After 15 years of owning a Vest Pocket (Ok I own about 7 now actually), I'm still wondering what the heck these brackets were for on the back of the door. This shot is from my Sega VP (for sale on eBay - auction ends 6/27/19) but the other back doors are similar. I know engine blocks put in weird things like freeze plugs for casting holes but these look like they had some purpose.
Attachments
s-l1600-9.jpg
shortrackskater

Re: Mills Vest Pocket... what the heck are THESE for?

Postby mechanic » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:05 am

Top adjuster is for the mech so it will not tip up when played. The lower is for the mech so it won't push back into the case when played. They both limit the movement of the mech inside the case.
mechanic

Postby kentdun » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:21 am

I always figured the lower one in the corner was so you could mount an eye bolt. There is a hole there. Then you could chain the machine to the bar to prevent someone from stealing it..
Not sure on the other one. Could it of held some sort of counter?
kentdun

Postby shortrackskater » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:23 am

Thanks mechanic!
Sorry for the delay in responding. I got busy with that silly "life stuff." Now back to the FUN... of slot machines. 8)
shortrackskater

Return to Slots