Groetchen Mercury Trade Stimulator HELP

This area is to discuss trade stimulators. A trade stimulator is defined as a machine that does NOT pay the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Groetchen Mercury Trade Stimulator HELP

Postby Newbie35 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:08 pm

Hi folks, hoping someone might be able to help with a penny Mercury trade stimulator. The machine I have works very well, however, I can't figure out how the "token" part works. There is the tube inside that would hold tokens and then dispense on the right side when three of a kind come on the reels. I've put quarters in this tube (they fit perfectly), and played the machine for hours getting three of a kind of the various cigarette reels, but the token part does not seem to work when a combination is hit. Doesn't appear to be missing any parts. If anyone can explain how this feature works, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Newbie35

Re: Groetchen Mercury Trade Stimulator HELP

Postby rosekiller454356 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:58 am

Buy tokens designed for use in the machine If that does not solve the issue, you most likely have a problem with the slide that engages the token, e.g., spring is missing or the slide is rusted. You can buy the proper tokens on ebay. Hope this helps.
rosekiller454356

Postby radiorich123 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:24 am

I repaired these and your spring or your token trip lever is bad.

Rich in New Jersey
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Postby Newbie35 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:08 am

Thanks gents! I can get it to work by pushing the slide manually and it will release a quarter into the little compartment. Perhaps as you said the spring is the issue. I am not seeing a spring attached to the slide, but also don't see where one would attach to? Is it possible to post a photo on here?
Newbie35

Postby neocoinops » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:49 pm

It's also possible that the feel strips are not synched correctly to the payouts notches in the reels.
neocoinops

Postby Newbie35 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:06 pm

Thank you all for your suggestions! I have found the simple answer. I purchased a Daval Gusher Trade Stim, and it was full of original tokens. I thought one night, hmmm I wonder. So I took out some tokens from the Daval, and put them in the Mercury. The tokens are thinner, and much lighter than a quarter. I played the machine until a winning spin came up, and boom, there comes the token out just as it should. Nothing wrong with the machine, it was apparently the dumb operator all along! :-)
Newbie35

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:19 pm

IMO it's just silly to put quarters in trade stimulator token tubes; it MAY work, but quarters, as you discovered, are not the right diameter, thickness or weight. Proper tokens are not that hard to find; you will see crazy prices online, but should be able to find them for not more than $1 each. Recommend you check coin collectors /coin shops; coin collectors usually consider these tokens as "junk" and sell them for 10 to 40 cents each.

Also, recommend you put the correct tokens in your machines; Gusher tokens have the machine name "Gusher" on them; your Mercury should have the generic Groetchen tokens that match the award plate.
nvmos2

Postby Newbie35 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:58 am

Thank you all for your valuable information!! Much appreciated! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Newbie35

Return to Trade Stimulators