Bell Boy Trade Stimulator

This area is to discuss trade stimulators. A trade stimulator is defined as a machine that does NOT pay the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Bell Boy Trade Stimulator

Postby RameGoom » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:57 pm

My one and only trade stimulator, prized piece. It's made by Mills and the image shows the "payout" card. Designed for side bets, the machine can accept pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters. A gray area machine for sure.

Check out the questions on the card! The reels have the answers.
bell-boy.jpg
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Re: Bell Boy Trade Stimulator

Postby YourBestBet » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:32 am

Really nice machine. I bid on both that went on the block at Morphy's the other week (part of the Barry Goldfarb collection). Unfortunately, the hammer price + juice + shipping was out of my league. Maybe one day I'll track one down...
YourBestBet

Postby cpdretired » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:16 am

Yours is nicer than the ones sold at Morphy's auction. They went for $1830 & $1920.
cpdretired

Postby RameGoom » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:09 am

As I understand it, mine has the optional number wheel on the top, which is rarely found on these machines. You select three numbers, then pull the handle to match up with the numbers on the reels. Another layer of side-betting, far as I can see. If you should set any of the three numbers on the top AFTER the handle is pulled, there's a red bar that slips down in the number window, indicating a void selection.

The engineers put a lot of thought into this machine. On the side, there's window with an old penny shown; if you push a button on the back door, the penny display slips upward, showing the last coin played in the slot. Then the cash box is separated into two sections with a sequencer wheel placing the played coins, one out of every five, into a separate compartment. Probably the operator's take.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Return to Trade Stimulators