Jennings Star Penny Play

This area is to discuss trade stimulators. A trade stimulator is defined as a machine that does NOT pay the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Jennings Star Penny Play

Postby cpdretired » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:57 am

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=272789441011
Well guys don't miss bidding on this "Hard to Find" Jennings machine. Maybe because Jennings never made one with a jackpot. Another creation from Fred AKA "The Vegas Butcher."
cpdretired

Re: Jennings Star Penny Play

Postby kentdun » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:51 am

Here is a unmolested version of the machine. Interesting split cash box. Every 4th penny goes in second box.
Attachments
1502041488554438934432.jpg
kentdun

Postby clubconsoles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:10 am

well what a mess!
repro marquee with repro reel strips and incorrect award card.
poor paint job and a jackpot that doesn't belong, looks what it is, a frankenstein machine.
Looks like it should be Cigarette strips. (Clue - Win - a - pack written on serial ticket inside machine)
i'm sure there are other things wrong and hopefully Bill (slot Dynasty) will be along shortly.
What a terrible shame that we have people whom choose to "restore" machines in this way.
clubconsoles

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:13 pm

cpdretired wrote:
s-l1600.jpg

Well guys don't miss bidding on this "Hard to Find" Jennings machine. Maybe because Jennings never made one with a jackpot. Another creation from Fred AKA "The Vegas Butcher."

Looks like Mr. CPD beat me to the punch with this one.

Yes-sur-ee, a real genuine "Piece of CRAP". The Butcher really did a number on this Jennings.
Will continue with my findings. As there are many.

I have also detected that the Idiot has been using a new eBay userID to bid with. As I usually
notice which machines sell cheap, that he uses to Bastardize. I do not pay much attention to
where many machines go, but I do have pretty good records of what this Clown is Screwing Up.
'Once A Child - Always A Child'! It is a shame, just how many collectors he has fed the Weenie to. :^o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Yes clubconsoles, you're right on this one. It is a genuine MESS.

It started life as a Jennings "Win-A-Pack", with the not-so-common, cartoon-style cigarette packs, only found
on a few machine models. The bad thing here, is he is Bastardizing more than one model of this machine. The
serial number of the case, is different from the serial shown on the mechanism. Which means that the Idiot
used the wrong mechanism, when putting this Piece-of-Crap together. He has used his favorite messy Red paint
again. The cut-down recast Jackpot is from a Pace machine. The recast marquee is from a Western Dicer, with a
slot card installed. Then there is the recast Indian-head ornament. The reel strips appear to be the reprints from
a Mills "Puritan Bell". Also realize that additional holes are always drilled in the case to mount his extra Bogus Crap.

There has to be more ways, than just this Forum, to get word out to all the Newbies that are coming into our hobby
on a regular basis, as way too many people are getting Snookered by this Butcher. It has been a waste of time for a
few that have asked him in person to stop. It all falls on 'deaf-ears', and his attitude is, "he thinks it's funny". A comment
he made to me, many years ago, before he moved from Washington to his beloved 'Sin City'. He is not a believer in "What's
Bastardized in Vegas, should stay in Vegas"! Meaning, In his garage, that he is always cleaning out. :^o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:47 am

clubconsoles wrote:well what a mess!
repro marquee with repro reel strips and incorrect award card.
poor paint job and a jackpot that doesn't belong, looks what it is, a frankenstein machine.
Looks like it should be Cigarette strips. (Clue - Win - a - pack written on serial ticket inside machine)
i'm sure there are other things wrong and hopefully Bill (slot Dynasty) will be along shortly.
What a terrible shame that we have people whom choose to "restore" machines in this way.

Sorry clubconsoles, but I have to comment on your last sentence here.
This Las Vegas Clown, does NOT come under the description of someone who Restores machines.
He DESTROYS every one he get his grimy hands on. That why he is known in our circle as the "BUTCHER".
What he really is, cannot be printed here! :shock:
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:40 am

While we are on the subject of the Las Vegas Butcher, here are a couple more of his Bogus machines
that are currently listed. The "Puritan Confection Vender", and the "Puritan Baby Vendor", shown
below, both have phoney, made-from-scratch, reel strips, and award cards, that were never in any
of these style machines. They were only made for the Butcher, to use in all his Fantasy machines.
Some of his other creations, have also had Phoney strips and cards made special for them as well.

2017-06-01 Fake strips & card (not yet sold @ $899.99) (a).jpg
Fake Home-made Strips & Card

2017-08-05 Bogus Made-Up Baseball Strips & Card (a).jpg
Fake Home-made Strips & Card
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:56 am

cpdretired wrote:
s-l1600.jpg

Yes, and don't forget to read the total lies in his description, about how Original it is, with the Jackpot, and Restored. Yeah-Right! :^o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby cpdretired » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:21 am

The butcher used to be a C.O.C.A member but no longer.
cpdretired

Postby nvmos2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:01 am

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:Yes clubconsoles, you're right on this one. It is a genuine MESS.

There has to be more ways, than just this Forum, to get word out to all the Newbies that are coming into our hobby
on a regular basis, as way too many people are getting Snookered by this Butcher. ^o

I used to run three bogus auctions on Flebay; they were really more "public service announcements" than auctions.
One was on slot machines in general, one was on Golden Maggots, and the other was on trade stimulators.
They warned of the fake machines being sold on Flebay.
I often changed the titles to match the fake machine auctions to ensure potential bidders saw it.
I got a lot of interesting responses and know that it prevented more than a few newbies from getting scammed.

I don't have much time for that anymore, but someone else may want to give it a try;
it can actually be a fun diversion from the daily news.
nvmos2

Next

Return to Trade Stimulators