Trade Stimulator I.D.

This area is to discuss trade stimulators. A trade stimulator is defined as a machine that does NOT pay the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Trade Stimulator I.D.

Postby rtmccurdy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi. This machine popped up at a flea market yesterday. Couldn't identify it quick enough to see if it was a good deal. Not working---with a few metal parts inside the oak case. Perhaps a member got it (Rochester, Mn Gold Rush Days).
Attachments
IMG_20170818_083754547.jpg
rtmccurdy

Re: Trade Stimulator I.D.

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Rochester, or Oronoco
Midcoast Vintage

Postby rtmccurdy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Rochester. Oronoco had little Coin-op, at least on Thursday. Didn't return on Friday/Saturday.
rtmccurdy

Postby mechanic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Looks a lot like the SWEET SALLY trade stimulator made by Exhibit Supply Co.
mechanic

Postby Richard13 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:23 pm

I'll bet the Butcher could put a jackpot on it!
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby rtmccurdy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:58 pm

Or perhaps a "shock" feature on the two lower knobs...
rtmccurdy

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:03 am

This is a true WTF, from the git-go!
You say it was "not working". Did you happen to get pics of the few metal parts inside. That might prove
to be a bit interesting. The bottom part of the case appears to be original, but can't pin-point from what
just yet. You can see signs in the wood, where something was once mounted, and those two chrome knobs
are filling the holes. All the wood above, is brand-spankin-new. The wheel is definitely from an Exhibit Sup.
"Sweet Sally". The crank, who knows what, and what does it do, as the lettering around the coin entry says
"Make Selection - Then Drop Nickel". So, does the crank move the wheel, or does it spin when a coin drops?
Doesn't really make much sense. The card below says "To Operate Drop Nickel In Slot - Turn The Handle To
The Right". Yeah OK, Then what? Whoever put this Fantasy Contraption together, sure spent a lot of time,
and what was the asking price?
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:05 am

rtmccurdy wrote:Or perhaps a "shock" feature on the two lower knobs...

The only "Shock", will be from the buyer, when he finds out later, how bad he got snookered. :^o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby rtmccurdy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:10 am

Yes it was strange enough to pass on initially. Tag was $750 but they "could do a little better." It did sell to someone. There were 3 steel? slightly curved pieces 3-4" inside.
rtmccurdy

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:42 pm

rtmccurdy wrote:Yes it was strange enough to pass on initially. Tag was $750 but they "could do a little better." It did sell to someone. There were 3 steel? slightly curved pieces 3-4" inside.

Doesn't sound to me, that 3 small pieces of metal could relate to an operating machine of any kind.
The $750 is also way out-of-line, for what it is. Maybe 50 bucks or so, for the original lower cabinet,
in case the rest of whatever it was shows up some day, and the "Sweet Sally" wheel. That's it, period!
Maybe we will have the pleasure to see it on eBay, with more pics. Oh yes, and it will be listed as "RARE". :roll:

Can't believe how many sellers love to use that word. There is a Daval "Cub", and a Daval "Marvel", listed
at this time and both are Rare. Hell, just wait til one with a jackpot shows up! That will be "Super-Rare"! :^o
SLOT DYNASTY

Next

Return to Trade Stimulators