Jennings revamps

Post any questions around revamped machines here.

Re: Jennings revamps

Postby Richard13 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:59 am

Interesting thread thanks for starting this Jeff. I like the PNC version because it has the little door to access the hold down thumb screw. Without that screw the mechinism moves around and stresses the 10/32 cheese head screws up top. Besides it has an nice butterfly on it too.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby briank » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:42 pm

20160613_071715.jpg
Here is a picture of mine that I traded. Its a Buckeye revamp...has the wrong gooseneck on it,but the window seems a lot larger window than what Ive seen before. Doesnt have a lock in the front like a lot of other revamps as well. I got it 10 years ago or so from Frank Zygmunt but never asked about it,just bought it because I liked it, traded it recently for a dutchboy with a side vendor.
briank

Postby Rick B » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Here is my revamp. Rick B

Rick B

Postby sam2002 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:55 pm

[access to edit denied ]
Last edited by sam2002 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
sam2002

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:37 pm

Thank you all for adding to this Thread !!!
in my photos submitted, I tried to put up only the "same" upper casting type , Only just to do it / focus on the lower different types. But , that said..... you have this plain type (no art) , most with the patent date on the coin entry , then "reworks" like mine stating dime. with round magnification glass , smaller square glass , or lesser seen large square glass. then types with added art on the upper areas.
all seem to be listed as the same .... Jennings operator bell, regardless of the look. then add these revamp styles.

But still to me , these all seem to be made by 1 company for All to buy / use. of course add all the contributed images of the other different lower style castings
keep them coming......
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:36 pm

The PNC front may be a Pace, as Pace did have a butterfly front casting.
The Vending Machine Company front was probably distributed by a company in Fayetteville, N.C.
Attachments
vending macine co.jpg
Midcoast Vintage

Postby JHSS-1944 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:15 am

nice ad for that company, thanks for posting.

that machine in question is for sale in Colorado on C.L. A friend is passing through the area & saw it listed a few days ago, & saved the 1 image for me , for this thread.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby MONTI » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:20 am

JHSS-1944 wrote:
But still to me , these all seem to be made by 1 company for All to buy / use. of course add all the contributed images of the other different lower style castings
keep them coming......
jeff H.

Hello Jeff!
Yes this has turned into a very interesting thread on the forum!
Just to clarify my earlier post, many different companies made the lower front castings for the original Operators Bell style slot machines produced in the 20's when the first front jackpot style came into usage as no one wanted to play a slot machine that only paid the 20 coins from the payout slides, they wanted the larger payout so many different "accessory" companies, for lack of a better term, made the revamp castings and that is why there are so many different styles that were produced.
The existing slot machines that were pulled from a slot machine route operators placement and gathering dust were easily converted and many companies who until this time had not made complete slot machines took on the task of simply producing the revamp lower front castings to get into the lucrative market that was the placing of slot machines in busy environments such as bars, drug stores, Etc!
Some would buy these early models for a low cost and after revamping them could place them in their own locations for a "Piece of the Action"!
A good question here may be does anyone have literature from the different companies that offered these revamps as that would be an interesting addition to a collectors slot machine document files!
Please post them here if you do so we can all enjoy the history of the revamps!
I personally would be interested in adding it to my extensive slot machine library for future reference as over the years I have heard of many of these companies but lack the documentation in the form of ads and brochures, Etc.
Thanks in advance for your input on this!
Ciao,
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:22 am

Thank you Monti for the additional information.
I , like you , would like to see documentation also. always nice to see ,& better to have if you own that specific machine.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby ReneRondeau » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:08 pm

Here's my Silver King future-pay Jennings vendor.
Attachments
DSCN2763.jpg
ReneRondeau

PreviousNext

Return to Revamps