Help Identifying Vintage Coin Operated Chocolate Bar Machine

This area of the forum for vending style machines.

This area created on 2/7/17

Help Identifying Vintage Coin Operated Chocolate Bar Machine

Postby Chris99460 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi any help identifying this machine and any information on it is appreciated. I am new to Coin Machines and picked this one up at the local auction. I appreciate any info about it such as year, who made it, what was it's primary purpose etc...

Chris99460

Re: Help Identifying Vintage Coin Operated Chocolate Bar Mac

Postby drishoff » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:25 am

Looks like a Magic Clock
drishoff

Postby sam2002 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:02 am

It does appear to be a converted magic clock . I have an original clock dial face for this machine I would sell you .
sam2002

Postby jmac » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:08 am

Looks like a keeney magic clock, but missing the gum ball vender parts, (and no gum ball vender door in the front lower left??). Also I believe it has an incorrect handle, and it should have three hands on the dial.
jmac

Postby Chris99460 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:25 pm

sam2002 wrote:It does appear to be a converted magic clock . I have an original clock dial face for this machine I would sell you .

Hi Sam, I am interested. How do I purchase it and how much? Thank you kindly.
Chris99460

Postby Chris99460 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Thank you all for your comments and knowledge. Much appreciated.
Chris99460

Postby sam2002 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:36 pm

Chris
Here is picture of the clock dial $15.00 includes shipping
Attachments
IMG_0649.JPG
sam2002

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:16 am

Sam:
It's great that you are able to supply Chris with an original dial paper, but only thing wrong, is the dial says "Gum Vender",
and his case lacks that feature. The picture shown of the inside, is too dark to tell, but I do see a hint of a square cutout
in the lower corner, but the entire gum compartment is missing. Someone may have replaced the front wood panel, and
not cut the notch for the door. Most all of these cases, had a stained front panel, and the rest painted black. If Chris can
post a clearer pix of the inside, this would be helpful. The play handle is also incorrect, and not sure what from. One of
the hands is also missing, which is usually painted red. The dial with the candy symbols, has been made from scratch, and
was never a Keeney version. I have these same symbols in reel strip form, that were used for another mfrs. machine, but
they very seldom ever turn up.
Garden City Novelty made several versions of this machine, but all with different dial configurations. They used the same
exact case style, and all versions had the gum vending feature. There were a couple of models that had a ticket vending
feature on the right side of the case. Hopefully there are not any other missing parts, that would cause a problem with
making, and mounting the third missing hand. You are also missing the instruction card and frame.

Here are pics of the two different versions of the "Magic Clock". These are not my machines, and don't know if the third
hand is missing on the fruit symbol version, or if the two black hands are behind one another.
Keeney 1c 'Magic Clock' (fruit).jpg

Keeney 1c 'Magic Clock' (numbers).jpg
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby sam2002 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:22 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:Sam:
It's great that you are able to supply Chris with an original dial paper, but only thing wrong, is the dial says "Gum Vender",
and his case lacks that feature. The picture shown of the inside, is too dark to tell, but I do see a hint of a square cutout
in the lower corner, but the entire gum compartment is missing. Someone may have replaced the front wood panel, and
not cut the notch for the door. Most all of these cases, had a stained front panel, and the rest painted black. If Chris can
post a clearer pix of the inside, this would be helpful. The play handle is also incorrect, and not sure what from. One of
the hands is also missing, which is usually painted red. The dial with the candy symbols, has been made from scratch, and
was never a Keeney version. I have these same symbols in reel strip form, that were used for another mfrs. machine, but
they very seldom ever turn up.
Garden City Novelty made several versions of this machine, but all with different dial configurations. They used the same
exact case style, and all versions had the gum vending feature. There were a couple of models that had a ticket vending
feature on the right side of the case. Hopefully there are not any other missing parts, that would cause a problem with
making, and mounting the third missing hand. You are also missing the instruction card and frame.

Here are pics of the two different versions of the "Magic Clock". These are not my machines, and don't know if the third
hand is missing on the fruit symbol version, or if the two black hands are behind one another.
Keeney 1c 'Magic Clock' (fruit).jpg

Keeney 1c 'Magic Clock' (numbers).jpg

Ok so what is his next move ? Restore to original ?' Part it out ? Chuck it in the trash ?
sam2002

Return to Vending