Rowe cigarette machine

This area of the forum for vending style machines.

This area created on 2/7/17

Rowe cigarette machine

Postby miltonman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:53 am

I am restoring a Rowe cigarette machine from the 50's. I can't get the product pull levers to work. I need guidance on how to make the levers work.
miltonman

Re: Rowe cigarette machine

Postby Vintage-Restorations » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Is this same model you posted several months ago...? Appears to be a Rowe Commander Cigarette Vendor.
There are a few things that need to occur before the vend cycle can begin...
- Product has to depress the sold out lever
- correct coins need to be deposited depending on pricing(if just testing and the CoinMaster Coin Mech has been removed, there is a way to trip the lever so the vend cycle will begin...)

Would be glad to assist, but you may need to send a good photo for reference, then I can circle various parts to check or be aware of... in the hopes of getting the machine to vend...

Jim
Vintage-Restorations

Postby miltonman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:52 pm

Rowe machine.jpg
side wo con mech.JPG
see photos. contact me at embuturla@hotmail.com
Attachments
coin mech removed.jpg
miltonman

Postby miltonman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:20 am

Vintage-Restorations wrote:Is this same model you posted several months ago...? Appears to be a Rowe Commander Cigarette Vendor.
There are a few things that need to occur before the vend cycle can begin...
- Product has to depress the sold out lever
- correct coins need to be deposited depending on pricing(if just testing and the CoinMaster Coin Mech has been removed, there is a way to trip the lever so the vend cycle will begin...)

Would be glad to assist, but you may need to send a good photo for reference, then I can circle various parts to check or be aware of... in the hopes of getting the machine to vend...

Jim

I did post a while back.
I tried cig packs and blocks of wood to keep the lever down
How do I trip the lever so the pulls work?
Attachments
coin mech removed.jpg
miltonman

Postby Vintage-Restorations » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Hello,

I cannot get to my Rowe Commander for reference, so...
First, tape down a few of the sold out levers at the bottom of each column.
In the image, locate the parts 1 & 2 as these will begin to move while pulling a selection knob/pull
If any part of the coin detectors move outward attempting to detect coins, the cycle will be halted because the mechanism detects no coins. You have to manually hold these levers, #3, as you pull the selection knob/pull.
Let me know if you get results...
Attachments
rowe_vend_mech2.jpg
Vintage-Restorations

Postby miltonman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:29 pm

If I hold parts labelled 3 and move part 2 forward, the mechanism seems to work. However, I still can't pull the product release knob, Could something else be holding it back?
miltonman

Postby Vintage-Restorations » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:18 am

The only other issue would be the sold out lever for the column you are attempting to pull... Make sure you tape down this lever simulating there is a pack of cigarettes in the column.
Vintage-Restorations

Postby miltonman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:59 pm

See photo-I tried keeping the little tabs down. I have blocks of wood sitting in the slot. I can move part 2 forward but the pull knobs still don't come forward. I have the kechanism out of the carcass. Could this cause a problem?
Attachments
tang.jpg
miltonman

Postby Vintage-Restorations » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Having the vending mech out of the cabinet does not affect operation...
So, to reiterate, you placed wood blocks into a vend column which dis-engages the sold out lock lever, you hold the "coin" fingers/feelers, #3 in my photo, and keep them from traveling to the right while pulling the knob for the product column with the wood block... If this is all correct, the only thing I can think of at this time is to ensure every pull knob is securely and correctly positioned all the way back in the ready to vend position.
Vintage-Restorations

Postby miltonman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:31 pm

My Coin return pull hangs out a bit. Could that be a problem? See photo. From the bottom, I can pull the long round rod that interfaces with the saw tooth. See photo. The pulls still do not work.
Attachments
bottom.jpg
coin return.jpg
miltonman

Return to Vending