Wanted Mills QT Mint Side Vendor

Looking for a particular machine? Ask for it here!

Wanted Mills QT Mint Side Vendor

Postby Robfar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:31 am

Hi, new to the forum. I have one slot machine. It is a 5 cent Mills QT Firebird. I would love to put a mint vendor on it if I can find one. Anyone have one for sale or know where to get one? Do they repro these?
Thanks, Bob
Robfar

Re: Wanted Mills QT Mint Side Vendor

Postby neocoinops » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:50 am

Bob,

QT mint vendors have been reproduced and show up occasionally on eBay in the $300-$400 range. Original ones are hard to find. I've also seen repro vendors at the Chicagoland show. Keep in mind that mint vendors are supposed to go with nickel machines and gumball vendors for penny machines. If you have a penny machine, I might be able to locate a repro gumball vendor.

Also, does you machine have the correct linkage parts to allow the mint vendor to operate properly? The linkage unlocks the vendor after each play and then relocks it after the product is vended. If you don't have the linkage, then the vendor would be free to turn and would be just for show.
neocoinops

Postby Robfar » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Thanks for the info. Mine is a nickle machine. I will have to keep my eyes open for a mint side vendor. I don't think I have the linkage for the side vender. When I got the slot there was hardware missing from that side and there were imprints in the wood like something was there. When I restored it I filled the holes with hardware. Is the linkage inside the slot or mounted to the side? The number stamped in the wood and on a paper tag inside is 200. Does this tell you anything?
Attachments
DSCN3044.JPG
DSCN3045.JPG
DSCN3043.JPG
Robfar

Postby Robfar » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:57 am

Would the side vendor have mounted on those bottom holes on the side?
Robfar

Postby neocoinops » Wed May 01, 2013 5:51 am

The mint vendor mounts to the two screw holes to the back of the machine behind the handle and the mint vendor shaft goes through a larger hole towards the bottom.
neocoinops

Postby Robfar » Wed May 01, 2013 6:36 am

I have to check to see if the linkage is inside. These vendors don't seem to be around too often. Does anyone know who repros these.
Robfar

Postby watlingboy » Wed May 01, 2013 7:49 am

These QT side venders have been reproduced made over the years by more than one person. Some are better than others. I think the reason you don't see them often is because no one is currently making them. If they are being made, no one is advertising them that I have seen. Most that were made have been put on machines and those few that haven't, slowly float to the market place.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby Mills » Wed May 01, 2013 10:09 pm

If you want to see a complete linkage, have a look on my web site : http://www.joiret.com/mills/qt-chevron/remontage/76-finitions-dune-mills-qt
37 slots machines.... May be more ?
Mills

Postby Robfar » Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 am

Thank you for the info.
Robfar

Postby flipper77 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:35 am

Wow - that is terrific detail on the QT linkage and internals. And a terrific restoration example. Obviously you do outstanding painstaking work. Thought my chrome QT looked pretty good (previously posted pics) but would have loved to have had you do the restoring!

Thanks,
Flip
flipper77

Return to Machines Wanted