JENNINGS 4 REEL OPEN FRONT CONTINENTAL BUCKAROO

Looking for a particular machine? Ask for it here!

JENNINGS 4 REEL OPEN FRONT CONTINENTAL BUCKAROO

Postby fazool » Wed May 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi all, I'm looking for a complete unrestored Jennings 4 Reel Continental Buckaroo open front slot machine. Any denomination will do. Thanx in advance!! Jon jfortun1@optonline.net 914 582 0498
fazool

Re: JENNINGS 4 REEL OPEN FRONT CONTINENTAL BUCKAROO

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed May 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi Fazool:
Glad you are looking for an UNRESTORED "Buckaroo" model, as apposed to Restored, as you could possibly get Snookered
with a Phoney Made-Up example from the LV Butcher, or one of his other counterparts. :^o All I can say is "BEWARE"!
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby 5 cent player » Thu May 15, 2014 1:27 am

That is great advice as after reading posts on this website, there are far more made up and non original machines than I would have thought.
What are the things to look for, in a buckaroo that would give away that is a made up or non original? For example Formica side compared to wood? Was this only on Continental or other early Buckaroo too?
These models are not as easy to find and sellers (dealers and private) usually ask for top dollar. Any info will help newbie's like me, thanks in advance!
5 cent player

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu May 15, 2014 2:01 pm

The best advice that can be given for any model of a light-up Jennings, is to NOT buy a restored one, unless it comes from a
reputable dealer or collector, that has a good track record. Not only are there more than one person putting these Jennings
light-ups together, out of standard 'plain-jane' models, but there are also people that have purchased them for resale, that
are not saying a thing about what they are offering. Both eBay, and the live auctions, are dumping grounds for machines like
this. A good example, are all the Phoney & Repro "War Eagle" and "Golden Nugget" machines, that have Snookered many of
our new collectors. The main source of these Phoneys, is the Las Vegas Butcher. He had been buying the light-up kits, and
repro plastics from one particular person, who has recently passed away. We all know, just where that stock is going!
It is very hard to tell from photos, if any Jennings Light-Up is original or not. The best way to buy one, is to look it over
first-hand, to see if all the parts look original, and slightly worn. Including the plastic panels.
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to Machines Wanted