Daval Trades to Chicago

Looking for a particular machine? Ask for it here!

Daval Trades to Chicago

Postby mrblatzman » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:04 am

I am looking for the following Daval machines for my collection..I plan on attending the Chicago show on Friday and can pay cash and pick up there to avoid shipping and packing...I need decent complete restorable examples... Please let me know if you have something available...Thankyou Bob Reno

Bell Slide
Clearing House
Track Reels
Double Deck
Joker
Rith ma tic
mrblatzman

Re: Daval Trades to Chicago

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:52 pm

Bob:
Sounds like you are getting ready for a 'Daval Hump-Top Lineup'. Your list has most of the harder-to-find examples.
I have been wanting to do the same for a long time, but never get around to restoring the complete set. Even though
they are not at the top of my list of favorite models, there are a nice variety of different games, and would make for
a pretty colorful exhibit. Do you have all of the others, that are not on your want-list? I have a few duplicates, but
they are not all complete, like the usual missing back door. When you listed "Joker", I am assuming that you meant
the "Joker Gum Vendor", as the other model is in a wood case. Good luck with your search at the Chicago show. Just
make sure to refrain from buying Fantasy Junk at the Vegas Butcher booth. No telling what he has in store for the
latest uneducated collectors. It is getting to be more commonplace lately, with people reselling the Junk that they
got snookered with, and found out too late, what they had bought. Only problem with that, is the next guy in line
gets re-snookered.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby cpdretired » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:18 am

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:Bob:
Sounds like you are getting ready for a 'Daval Hump-Top Lineup'. Your list has most of the harder-to-find examples.
I have been wanting to do the same for a long time, but never get around to restoring the complete set. Even though
they are not at the top of my list of favorite models, there are a nice variety of different games, and would make for
a pretty colorful exhibit. Do you have all of the others, that are not on your want-list? I have a few duplicates, but
they are not all complete, like the usual missing back door. When you listed "Joker", I am assuming that you meant
the "Joker Gum Vendor", as the other model is in a wood case. Good luck with your search at the Chicago show. Just
make sure to refrain from buying Fantasy Junk at the Vegas Butcher booth. No telling what he has in store for the
latest uneducated collectors. It is getting to be more commonplace lately, with people reselling the Junk that they
got snookered with, and found out too late, what they had bought. Only problem with that, is the next guy in line
gets re-snookered.
Bill

I think the butcher is using "Bondo" for his new creations.
cpdretired

Postby mrblatzman » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:30 am

Thankyou for your replies...Yes the Jokers I need is the gum version in the Aluminum case...I guess I should also add Hol E Smokes to the list...I have most if not all of the others and really have no desire to find every Daval Product...I have refrained from buying the later plainer machines, although I do like the catalin knobs on many of them...I did buy a Heads or Tails a while back...Its the machine pictured on Daves site, and I have not done anything with it yet...Its sitting by my recliner staring up at me begging for attention..The set screw holding the knob is broken off and I cant get the mechanism out....I havent been able to get to Chicago for the last few years and am really looking forward to it to give these new metal hips a good try out...Still looking of course...Thanks Bob
mrblatzman

Postby cpdretired » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:24 pm

mrblatzman wrote:Thankyou for your replies...Yes the Jokers I need is the gum version in the Aluminum case...I guess I should also add Hol E Smokes to the list...I have most if not all of the others and really have no desire to find every Daval Product...I have refrained from buying the later plainer machines, although I do like the catalin knobs on many of them...I did buy a Heads or Tails a while back...Its the machine pictured on Daves site, and I have not done anything with it yet...Its sitting by my recliner staring up at me begging for attention..The set screw holding the knob is broken off and I cant get the mechanism out....I havent been able to get to Chicago for the last few years and am really looking forward to it to give these new metal hips a good try out...Still looking of course...Thanks Bob

There has been a seller with the Hol-e-Smokes at the show for the past three years. He has a price of $1100 on it for the complete machine. If you have been to the show before to the left of the door where the snack bar is. Walk about 15 feet and he is on the left. I tried to work with him on a price but he is really stuck on his price. I offered $800 thinking he would counter offer but he wouldn't.
Stop by and say hi. I will be in the booth to the right of the entrance where you get the wrist bands. Look for the Coke items that's the booth I will be in.
Ron
cpdretired

Return to Machines Wanted