Want one of these don't know what it is

Looking for a particular machine? Ask for it here!

Want one of these don't know what it is

Postby Richard13 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:44 pm

I just discovered and appreciated trade stimulators. Found one photo of a machine I really like but it's poor and I cannot read what it is. Looks like a Mills machine from the vendor knob and payout tray.

Can anyone identify it for me and if you know where one is or have one to sell let me know.

THANK YOU
Richard

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (44.88 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Re: Want one of these don't know what it is

Postby watlingboy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:18 am

The photo you posted is of a Superior Horse Race. It is a large pay out slot machine and not a trade stimulator. Made in the mid 30's, they have usually sold for the last decade in the high 20's to low 30K. One did sell at the last Morphy auction for $19,000 hammer which is lower than I can remember one selling for in many years. They are a combination of Mills FOK parts, like the vender knob and tray, and Watling parts which have been married together with parts designed by Superior. The horses rotate on a Watling reel bundle which has been laid on its side.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby watlingboy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:21 am

In addition to slots, Superior did make a few different trade stimulators which are quite desirable.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby JHSS-1944 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:25 am

Well Richard.... you have expensive taste....
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Richard13 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:19 am

OMGosh it looked shorted than a full size machine and was in with stimulator photos so I assumed.... It is a great looking machine but too spendy for me! I knew someone here would know what it was and have the scoop on it.

Thanks for the prompt responses I'll let everyone know if I find one at a garage sale.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:33 am

Richard:
Don't go by seeing something that is listed in the wrong category. People do it all the time. Even seasoned sellers.
A few years ago, there was a seller that had several wind-up toys listed in the trade stimulator category.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to Machines Wanted