Slot Machines the book by Marshall Fey

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Slot Machines the book by Marshall Fey

Postby sam2002 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:16 am

I have a copy with what appears to be an autograph from Marshall Fey .
Anyone have a first edition can verify if he signed the book ?
Thanks in advance
Attachments
81EF7232-2C5D-4666-9F68-0225E83EE964.jpeg
sam2002

Re: Slot Machines the book by Marshall Fey

Postby MONTI » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:28 am

sam2002 wrote:I have a copy with what appears to be an autograph from Marshall Fey .
Anyone have a first edition can verify if he signed the book ?
Thanks in advance

Morning Sam!
I know Marshall Fey well and visited him at the restaurant he owned in Reno, The Liberty Bell, many times and whenever I picked up one of his publications, either for myself or whoever I brought in to go upstairs and see his vast slot machine collection he would always sign a copy for us and possibly a few he sent out as well, not sure, but yes he is a Great Person who did sign his books and that is his signature!
Just talked to him a few weeks ago when I was working on one of his Grandfather's slot machines, the 1929 Charles Fey slot machine, a 1922 Jennings with the 1929 Charles Fey Jackpot conversion front I currently have for sale, and I had a question about the unique front jackpot assembly that his Grandfather designed and also a lock location on the slot machine front casting!
We had a great conversation as he is always very pleasant to talk to and a wealth of knowledge as well!
I have also posted here a couple pictures of the Fey Conversion Front Slot machine for viewing!
Sam!
I hope that answers your question my friend, I bet your shoveling more snow today! LOL
Buonasera!
MONTI

Jennings Fey Conversion Front 3.JPG

1 Lock Area front.JPG

1 Lock Area inside.JPG
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Re: Slot Machines the book by Marshall Fey

Postby sam2002 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:10 pm

Monti
As isual Great info ! Thanks !
I have spoke to Marshall Fey via telephone been sometime back . Really nice chap ! Very personable and quite friendly .
Heres another photo from the same book . More signatures from family members in the Fey family .
Looks like :
From Micheline & Ed Fey
To
Alice & Aram
Attachments
941C59FC-AFBF-4AA8-B7BE-5CEB24688560.jpeg
sam2002

Return to Just Chatting