Mills FOK mint dispenser

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Re: Mills FOK mint dispenser

Postby RameGoom » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:11 pm

There's a challenge! Take a popular early slot machine, dis-assemble it, then create a CAD drawing on each part. Once the cost factor is reasonable, build the parts using current technology.

This could get very interesting for the hobby. Or, it could start a whole new series of clones, and nice ones too. I guess time will tell.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby damikeguy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:48 pm

You're right, the technology is moving very fast. With the x-ray scanners you do not even need to disassemble the unit. You can just scan it totally assembled and make a 3-D model of every part. From that 3-D model you could fabricate every part. Could be great for making those hard to find a replacement parts. But it will never be the same as having that original machine. I love that smell. Like I've heard said on this forum many a time "they're only original once".
Mike
damikeguy

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:16 pm

I am thinking about getting a 3D printer. Mainly for my drone hobby but I can see possibilities for slot parts and possibly castings once the technology evolves a little farther and 3d scanners become more of a reality.

This could be a doubled edged sword though if the technology makes it cheap enough for people to reproduce rare machines and sell them as original but who would do that :D

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby captkid » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Any chance you have 2 FOK mint rollers replacements available
My originals are shot
Jim
Jsouth1954@aol.com
captkid

Postby 5$ed » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:39 pm

Are you still out there ? Love those dispenser replacements. Have any for sale ?
5$ed

Postby damikeguy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Sorry all gone
Mike
damikeguy

Previous

Return to Just Chatting