How much do you think the Caille Roulette will bring in LV?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

How much do you think the Caille Roulette will sell for (before premium & tax) in the Vegas auction?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:41 pm

< $50,000
No votes
< $75,000
33%
< $100,000
11%
< $110,000
No votes
< $120,000
11%
< $130,000
11%
< $140,000
11%
< $150,000
22%
< $160,000
No votes
> $160,000
No votes

Total votes : 9

Caille Roulette

Postby atac » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:48 pm

I'm guessing $120K plus juice :!:
atac

Re: Caille Roulette

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:10 am

atac wrote:I'm guessing $120K plus juice :!:

Good guess Tim: :)
Seems that most are sticking to the under 100K area. I hate to be the one to pop bubbles, but one sold last year for $85,000. This one here
is an excellent original example.
I am going to pick the zone that nobody has been in yet - $130,000.
And it could very well get up to $145,000. :shock:
Also take notice that both the Caille "Roulette" & Caille Double w/music,
are early first day lot numbers, (158A & 180). As in the case of many past auctions, this is a common practice so that certain high-rollers, that
are only interested in the key pieces, can come in, bid, and get out early.
Cheers, Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby jcrowley » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:15 pm

Did it really just sell for $210,000? It seemed to jumop from 42,000 to 200,000, and then closed at 210,000.
jcrowley

Roulette Caille

Postby rogers1313 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:20 pm

Looks like it went for $210,000
rogers1313

Postby Ric Gandy » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:01 pm

I guess if you are getting this email and monitoring the forum, you are not in Las Vegas at the coin op auction. I guess you have probably also noted that the on line live bidding which was suppose to be set up for this auction is not working. When you go to log on to bid live, you are told that the auction has not started yet. This is the same message you got an hour before the auction was suppose to start. I also note that in regard to items I am "watching" on eBay, eBay shows that the items which are about to be sold still have several hours to go. Apparently, someone at eBay or I Collector set the clock wrong. The auction is in fact going on now. The only thing I can get to is the list of completed items.

I called the people in Vegas three times to inform them that the on line bidding was not working. I was referred to the "computer guy", but he said his unit was working. He referred me to I Collector and gave me a number to call. I called them and got a message that said they don't work on weekends. I called Vegas back and got some jerk who seemed annoyed that I was trying to tell him something about the auction. I don't know if it is out everywhere else or not, but I do know that it isn't working for me. I also note that on every single auction I checked, to include the Caille Roulette and the Caille Double, there was not one single on line bid. There were several absentee bids, but not one on line bid. Apparently, whoever is running the auction in Vegas either does not realize what is going on or simply doesn't care. I for one think is sucks. Ric Gandy
Ric Gandy

Postby jcrowley » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:08 pm

Hi Ric -

I am able to log in and view the auction, and have also placed bids without any problems at all. I am concerned, however, in that last month I went to the vcaauctions.cam website and placed a few absentee bids, and those auction items have finished without my bid apparently being recognized (one item sold to a "Floor Bidder" at a price $50 less than my absentee bid).
jcrowley

Postby Ric Gandy » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:15 pm

Thanks for the note. Another friend of mine had called and said he was able to get on as well. It may just be me. Not sure why my eBay watch list shows items that are about to be sold today still have several hours to go before the auctions starts. I never had this problem before. I also find it strange that there were no live bids on anything I was watching that sold. But I now know that at least two of you are able to watch live and bid, so I guess this is just one of life's little mysteries. Thanks again. Ric
Ric Gandy

Postby jcrowley » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:38 pm

Hi Ric -

I'm not certain whether it helps, but make certain that you are using the latest version of Internet Explorer. I initially went to the site using Firefox, and when I went to the site, I could not place bids. When I tried Internet Explorer, a button appeared that allowed me to place bids.
jcrowley

Live auction LV

Postby rogers1313 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:42 pm

I have been live bidding on EBay for about 3 years. The time left has always been estimated as the duration of the whole auction. You have to pay attention to the starting time posted. For the VCA auction it was 10:00 Pacific Daylight time.

If you view now then you can't bid. You have to select bid and be pre-approved for any of these live auctions that I have participated in.

I have had no problem live bidding and have gotten my bids thru unless someone beat me to the punch.

Thanks,
Roger S.
rogers1313

Postby Ric Gandy » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:18 pm

Thanks for the imput. Glad to know that the problem is with me and that the rest of you seem to be able to watch the auction live and bid ok. I may not have the latest version of internet explorer. I let some guy "tune up" my computer for me. Was suppose to get rid of all the spyware and the rest of it. I think I knew more about it than he did. In any case, for some reason, he said he "had" to install something called Mozilla because the internet explorer wasn't working properly. Nothing has worked exactly right since. Like I said, sounds like it is my problem. I can see the completed items, but I am still being told the auction has not started yet when I try to log on to bid. I preregistered and have participated in a couple of other live auctions recently, since the "tune up", so who knows why I can't get to this one. Probably just as well. I was prepared to go to $220,000.00 on the Caille Roulette and $150,000.00 on the Caille Double. My guess of $60,000.00, plus the juice, was just to throw the rest of you off. If anyone is buying any of this, I have a bridge in New York that I am willing to let go cheap. Thanks again. Ric
Ric Gandy

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting