Futurity in LV Auction

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Futurity in LV Auction

Postby kmorris8 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:27 pm

I noticed the Futurity went for $1800, which was less than I expected, given the recent prices I've seen. I've been looking for one and would have jumped on it for that but I didn't watch it thinking it would bring an unreasonably high prce like most other things seemed to do! Although from the pic it looked like mavbe the indicator was missing -- probably should've asked.

If anyone has a Futurity for sale -- let me know!

Keith
kmorris8

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:28 pm

I have a really strong fealing that several things about the Futurity were not right.

The last I heard, the going rate for on was over $5,000. I know of several that have sold for over $5,000.

If you look at the picture you cannot tell if the pointer mechanism is there.
In addition, the gold award feature appears to be missing, in addition, the reel strips do not look right. You should see cherries above & below the center reel on the second reel. In addition, the award card is wrong and I also think the handle is wrong. It looks like it has a hightop style handle.

If this machine were right I cannot images a dealer not bidding it at least into the $3K price range.

If anyone was at the auction and know's futurity machine please chime in.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Futurity in LV Auction

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:29 pm

kmorris8 wrote: .....

If anyone has a Futurity for sale -- let me know!

Keith

Check out the "machines for sale" in this forum. There is one listed there. It is missing the cheater portion of the mechanism but everything else works.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby kmorris8 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:43 am

Dave,

Yes, I saw that Futurity for sale. I was concerned that the cheater mechanism was missing--seems like that would be difficult to find and the mechanism is a big part of the appeal of the machine to me.

Keith
kmorris8

Futurity

Postby atac » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:50 am

Keith--email me--I have one that I might sell with the cheating mech intact and working perfect...

atac@sbcglobal.net
atac

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:29 am

kmorris8 wrote:Dave,

Yes, I saw that Futurity for sale. I was concerned that the cheater mechanism was missing--seems like that would be difficult to find and the mechanism is a big part of the appeal of the machine to me.

Keith

Yeah, I agree that it would be difficult to find that piece. That is why the machine is priced at where it is.

Without the cheater, it would make it a LOT easier to go 10 times in a row without winning. Almost guaranteed :).

Good luck in finding one. I see you got a note from someone who has a complete one. Hope you two can work out a deal.

If not, you could try placing a want ad in the COCA Times for it. Who knows, maybe someone has this piece in the basement.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby watlingboy » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:40 pm

I just got back from Las Vegas and saw the blood bath first hand. That Futurity sold for exactly what it was worth. The complete ten pull assembly was missing. I'm sure some have sold over the years but in 30 years I've never seen one for sale. Machine is worthless without it in my opinion.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:34 pm

watlingboy wrote:I just got back from Las Vegas and saw the blood bath first hand. That Futurity sold for exactly what it was worth. The complete ten pull assembly was missing. I'm sure some have sold over the years but in 30 years I've never seen one for sale. Machine is worthless without it in my opinion.

Watlingboy

Just out of curiosity, did you notice if it had the correct reel strips & bundle for a Futurity or a more common bundle & reel strips?
Dave
Site Admin

Postby watlingboy » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:43 pm

Dave,

Sorry I didn't notice. When I noticed the entire Futurity feature gone I moved on. The odds changing reel stop levers and cam could have been missing also. I didn't check.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby bakerb95619 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:37 pm

Well, since someone bothered to create a topic about it, I might as well admit that I'm the sucker ...eh person who bought the Futurity in Vegas. I didn't get a chance to preview it, and made the stupid assumption that it would be complete. As you've heard, there is no dial (just a mirror in it's place).

I haven't had a chance to open it up, since my brother has the machine at the moment (he lives in So. Cal. and drove to Vegas, I live near Sacramento). I'm guessing it probably has a simple mech with none of the Futurity parts.

Of course, if anyone knows where to get parts (which I understand is highly unlikely), please let me know.
bakerb95619

Next

Return to Just Chatting