Watling Reel Strips

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Watling Reel Strips

Postby andydotp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:07 pm

G'day there from Australia,
A few years ago I acquired a lovely 1c Watling Ball Gum Vendor - here in Oz believe it or not!
The seller, a lady of advanced years said her (late) husband was the CEO of a US oil company who'd been posted here and brought the machine along. It had sat in his corporate office for over twenty years and following his passing she contacted Don at Nations Attic for a valuation. (Hi mate, if you'r watching)
Being a (then) customer of Don's he kindly passed on the details and I bought it.
Interestingly though, the oranges are replaced by red apples and there's a non-paying pear on the first reel :!: yet the award card depicts oranges and no pear.
The machine was 100% original, untouched but in rather sad cosmetic condition so I had the case professionally restored. (yes,I know machines should generally be left as-found but this one warranted a tart-up).
Just wondering whether anyone can expand on the change of fruit symbols on the reels but not on the award card. Flavour of the gumballs is my guess!
The machine pays & plays, jp's & all with that unique Watling 'style' but I'll be bug++red if I can work out why the coin tube overflow doesn't send the coins down the chute to refill the jp.
Any advice greatly appreciated. OOh, sorry I can't upload pics as I've only just progressed from an ink ribbon typewriter #-o but happy to PM anyone who can assist.
Cheers & regs from upsidedownland.
andydotp
andydotp

Return to Just Chatting