newbie restoring a hi top

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

newbie restoring a hi top

Postby subsailortrainman » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Hello everyone!
My name is Dave and I just acquired a mills hi top Twenty one machine. It was equipped with a trashed mechanism (missing/broken parts, no escalator, no jackpot, no payslides cointube etc. It was also set up as a drop tray as it had a blocking plate where the money bowl and apron trim should have been. WHEW! Other than that, she's a cherry! I am getting the parts together to rebuild her, and I have stripped the castings and I am going to get the castings powder coated. I plan on yellow with black trim. I love to tinker with my hands and I have been having a ball with this slot. I am in a non legal state, (buckle of the bible belt) E-bay won't let me buy parts so I have found a couple of very nice sources elsewhere.
I am also planning to see if I can get a law passed exempting antique slots for home use.
I just wanted to say hello to everyone, and I wanted to warn you that I may try to pick your brains from time to time. :D Oh, The cabinet has a blond woodgrained formica that is in pretty good shape.
Did the factory ship them with formica cabinets?

Thanks all!!!!
Dave
subsailortrainman

Return to Just Chatting