Slot Machine Mechanism Cleaning...

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Slot Machine Mechanism Cleaning...

Postby jcrc1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:12 am

My mills slot high top works ok. I took out the mechanism and noticed how dirty is was... really dirty. Black grease and and tons of black caked on dirt. I bought DAVE's Videos. Awesome videos and I am amazed at his depth of understanding with the mechanism. So I followed the videos and completely rebuilt the coin escalator... fun and easy. I painted the casting and cabinets disassembling everything... easy and fun! ( except for putting in the front casting... trying to find a LONG screwdriver with an attachment to hold on to the screw was really hard... I never found one but I improvised with a magnet to magnetize the screwdriver to hold the screw)

NOW THE MECHANISM... OK.. I am intimidated !! I hate to admit it but I am....

I took off the brakes, reel bundle, the three reel stops and a supporting cross bar and stopped... I can see how dirty everything is...

I know I am supposed to break it all down for cleaning and take the clock off, disassemble the clock, then the pay off fingers and slides which it just look like I have to take everything apart to get to them. hmm...

CAN I just dip the mechanism and scrub it lightly in solvent???
Does anybody do that? or do I have to disassemble it all to do an acceptable job? I am just a bit intimidated that I will screw up putting it back together.

What is the best cleaning solvent to use?

I am new at this a little nervous.

I live in Maine... If there is anybody who is close by, I would pay a professional to fix if find myself stumped! :D :D :D

Thank you
\John
jcrc1

Return to Just Chatting