Did anyone go to Chicagoland last weekend

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Did anyone go to Chicagoland last weekend

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:14 am

If so, anything interesting to report? If you are a COCA member did you go to the meeting? If so, did they say if they were going to do a calendar for 2006?

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Gumgod » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:10 pm

No 2006 calendar because no one, repeat NO ONE, sent in photos of their prized items. If COCA members do not participate, they should expect nothing in return.
Gumgod

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:53 pm

Actually, I sent COCA an email last spring stating that I would be happy to provide hundreds of photos of machines.

I have these photos from when I did the Coin-Op on CD project 10 years ago.

The only thing I asked for was that the photos be returned and that I be acknowledged for any photos that were used.

The response I got was, "Go to hell"

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby nick » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:24 pm

The calander isn't much of a big deal. It isn't anything special but, sometimes has some interesting photos. Anyways the show was really packed with vending, and slots were up as well. Prices were all scattered and general public was cheap and not many were buying (as always). But, there were some okay deals in the parking lot and selling was okay out there. The only people were selling to is dealers and very few general public are buying. I kinda miss the old days were there were multiple buyers looking for everything. Sadly those numbers have thinned emmensly and a lot of them have gotten out of it as well.
nick

Postby Dave » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:34 pm

nick wrote:The calander isn't much of a big deal. It isn't anything special but, sometimes has some interesting photos. Anyways the show was really packed with vending, and slots were up as well. Prices were all scattered and general public was cheap and not many were buying (as always). But, there were some okay deals in the parking lot and selling was okay out there. The only people were selling to is dealers and very few general public are buying. I kinda miss the old days were there were multiple buyers looking for everything. Sadly those numbers have thinned emmensly and a lot of them have gotten out of it as well.

Nick:

Thanks. Actually, I really miss the calendar. I had it hanging in my office and when people would come in a lot of them would ask about it and coin-op in general. You might think of it as a way of getting people interested in the area of coin-op.

I am sure it was a lot of work to put out and if COCA could not get photos from the membership I can understand why they stopped putting it out.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Just Chatting