COCA Discussion Forums

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

COCA Discussion Forums

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:44 pm

When you click on the "Discussion Forum" button on their new site, they mention the forums they think you might find useful.

Here is what they have to say:

"Discussion Forums
We are currently in the middle of upgrading our message forums for coin-op Music, Pinball, Scales, Slot Machines, Trade Stimulators, and Vending Machines.

In the meantime if you are interested in message forums for pinball machines, please visit the International Arcade Museum's Pinball Forums.

For coin-op Videogame forums please visit The Killer List of Videogames' Forums."

Guess they don't consider this one worthy :D
Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ohmwiz » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:40 pm

If it makes you feel any better, my forum wasn't mentioned either. :)

Ken
ohmwiz@yahoo.com
www.prewarpinball.com
Join the Prewar Pinball Yahoo! Group at prewarpinball@yahoogroups.com!
ohmwiz

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:08 pm

ohmwiz wrote:If it makes you feel any better, my forum wasn't mentioned either. :)

Ken
ohmwiz@yahoo.com
www.prewarpinball.com

On COCA's web site they say "is a club for those who collect antique (pre-1951) coin operated slot machines, trade stimulators, arcade machines, vending machines and related collectibles. "

However, they list the "The Killer List of Videogames " as a recommended forum.

What video games existed before 1951??? :roll:

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ohmwiz » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:24 pm

Point taken, I saw this too. How silly is this? Oh well, I'm not a COCA member, just an antique pinball collector. Probably the 'man from KLOV' is a friend of theirs?

I put a link to my prewar pinball group in your forum, you have to pull out the spaces in the address to find my group. Otherwise I get buried in spam almost immediately. I will be adding a link to you this weekend in my group.

ken
Join the Prewar Pinball Yahoo! Group at prewarpinball@yahoogroups.com!
ohmwiz

Postby Gumgod » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:59 am

Dave, I am just a member of COCA, not an officer.... just a member.... but I can't believe anyone in the COCA membership would want your chat page as part of the COCA chat page when all you seem to do is criticise and nit pick COCA. You have a very good chat page, primarily for slot collectors, and it does spill over into many other coin op catagories. Apparently someone in COCA angered you and you can't get over it. Well, please get over it and lets all try to work together to make the coin op hobby better instead of a test of egos.
Gumgod

Postby KaChing » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:57 am

Gumgod wrote:Dave, I am just a member of COCA, not an officer.... just a member.... but I can't believe anyone in the COCA membership would want your chat page as part of the COCA chat page when all you seem to do is criticise and nit pick COCA. You have a very good chat page, primarily for slot collectors, and it does spill over into many other coin op catagories. Apparently someone in COCA angered you and you can't get over it. Well, please get over it and lets all try to work together to make the coin op hobby better instead of a test of egos.

Hey GOD!!!

Have you bothered to read most of Dave's posts?

I just spent the last hour looking at his previous posts and he does NOT constantly bash COCA (as you said he did).

Is asking for a Chicagoland report bashing COCA?
Is telling people the new website is up bashing COCA (why didn't COCA bother to send us an email)?
Is notifying people about an arcade item coming up for auction bashing COCA?
Is adding a section to the forum where other people can advertise coin-op forums bashing COCA?
Is asking a question about the COCA calendar (or lack thereof) bashing COCA?
Is notifying people about upcoming auctions bashing COCA?

The above is just a sample of the recent posting from him.

Before you make public accusations you should get your facts straight.

He did make a couple of posts recently that were not super positive to COCA. And, as I have found out, this is a cardinal sin. THOU SHALL NOT CRITICIZE COCA IN ANY WAY OR YOU WILL BE ATTACKED.

I have found this out in the past and it looks like things have not changed.

I don't think Dave is the one that needs to get over it.
KaChing

Postby Gumgod » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:00 pm

KaChing, I think Dave understands what I was trying to say. It's obvious you don't.
Gumgod

Postby KaChing » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:01 am

Gumgod wrote:KaChing, I think Dave understands what I was trying to say. It's obvious you don't.

I guess I am too stupid to understand what you said.

You said "but I can't believe anyone in the COCA membership would want your chat page as part of the COCA chat page when all you seem to do is criticise and nit pick COCA."

I read that that as you saying that amost all of Dave's posts were to criticise and nit pick. What does "when all you seem to do" mean in your world?
KaChing

Postby Gumgod » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:44 am

Why don't you ask Dave. I think he understands what I was trying to convey and hopefully he can explain it to you.
Gumgod

Postby 777 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:01 pm

I have to agree with KaChing on this one.

I think GumGod's original statement was way out of line.

Next

Return to Just Chatting