Shows/Merchandise flood

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Shows/Merchandise flood

Postby nick » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:20 pm

Hi,

You guys should have noticed this buy now but, there is an extremely large amount of coin-op flooding at the chicago show and ebay. Especially vending. I have never seen so many vending machines I am talking about northwestern, master, etc. The low-mid range stuff. I just cannot believe it by the day. I just bought loads of machines and vending stuff is starting to get cheaper again. If this keeps up things won't be going so good. Many dealers were complaining at Chicago and actually the prices weren't too bad for the most part. But, there was just too much merchandise and the crowd was cheap. If this keeps up there will be 10x plus the amount of merchandise bought than sold and the vending market will slip greatly in this area. Slots seem to be flowing nicely but, there were quite a bit of them at Chicago. Jukeboxes seem down (I don't see as many as before). Also, trades were really down at the show. The thing is I just can't sell enough vending anymore. It is also hard to buy it which puts me in an akward position. I enjoy buying general antiques because I keep a steady selling flow but, the general public just isn't buying that much vending anymore. They either have it or buy it off ebay. So, the only real thing that is selling well in vending is the high end. I noticed tall globes (rexs, hances, climaxes) did very poor at the show with only about 3 out of a total of more than 15 selling. So demand has slipped on them or the price has just sky rocketed too much. Just reporting a visual. Anyone else notice the large flood especially in vending?
nick

Return to Just Chatting