Slot mech cleaning

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Slot mech cleaning

Postby bakerb95619 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:39 pm

I have a Jennings Golden Nugget slot machine with a mech that needs a good cleaning. Can someone tell me the best way to degrease and re-lube mechs?
bakerb95619

Postby neilc » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:51 pm

I dissasemble the mechanism,degrease with laquer thinner,sandblast all parts and air blow parts as they go back together.I use cleaning fluid to get inside of reel bundle and clean with gun rod. This is just the basics,not the complete process.
neilc

Postby bakerb95619 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:15 pm

Thanks for the reply. This is more than I expected. I don't have a sandblaster or shop compressor, just basic tools. I was hoping to at least get a "cosmetic" cleaning by spraying with some kind of solution, maybe some brushing, re-spraying, air drying, and lubing with 3-in-1 or other lubricant. I may just use a cleaning rag and get to what I can reach. Thanks again.
bakerb95619

Slot Cleaning-

Postby goodguy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:26 am

This was a good article it makes those of us who do not have the skill, tools or knowledge, appreciate the magic words, "mech has been profssionally cleaned."
I am one of the many who would not attempt a cleaning, so when a slot doctor gives you a price for your sick machines overhaul consider their time and effort, and the pleasure a smooth running machine gives you.

Thanks from all of us collector, to all the slot doctors who make collecting possible.
goodguy

Return to Just Chatting