Ad - lee King's horses game

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Ad - lee King's horses game

Postby 5 cent player » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:46 pm

So,,,,, I would like to pick the mind of some of the more seasoned folks here, tomorrow morning I am going to look at the collection of a gentleman I just met through a craigslist add. In the pictures it looks like he has a kings horses machine. Any thoughts at what I should look for and what I should look out for, as well as a general value. I am not familiar with the machine, it's operation or its value. There are other machines too, but I am going to try to wing it. Thanks for any help, if I buy something, I will try to post picture's.
5 cent player

Re: Ad - lee King's horses game

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:38 am

First off - The "King's Horses" is a bit more scarce, than some of the other Horse Race machines. It should be a definite 'GO', if it's complete,
and in good condition. There are no parts available for this machine, (original or repro), to my knowledge. The wood case is fixable, as long
as it's not trashed. The front casting, with ABT coin acceptor, and eight betting slots, should be intact. All eight horses, unbroken. The center
roulette style odds wheel & race. The tilt mechanism, finish post, instruction card, and Finish card, should all be there. The two sections of
top glass are an easy replacement, if cracked or missing, and the back door with lock, is hopefully there. As far as price goes, it's all going to
depend on condition. On the low end, being complete, and needing easily replaceable parts, would be in the $550 + range, and a really nice
and complete original, ready to display, in the $850 + range. This high is quite conservative, as I did see a nice one sell for over $1,000 a few
years ago. If you do purchase it, and need the instruction card, I am sure that I have one on file, that I never had printed. Good luck with
your possible purchases.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby 5 cent player » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:33 pm

First off, thank you for the fast answer to my question. I went to look at the machines for sale but didnt come home with any of them. The asking price for the king's horses was $2000 and he was pretty set at that price and a Jennings penny flip game was also at $2000. Other items were similarly priced. The gentleman was pretty nice and I learned a couple things so I will chalk that up to a win.
5 cent player

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Sorry to hear that you didn't come home with at least one treasure. That "King's Horses" must have been a super-nice original
for that price, and there are some that might even pay the price. But for the Jennings machine - if you are talking about the
very common Jennings "Target", with the Indian motif, even for an excellent original, $2,000 is way out of line. They are more
in the $700 to $800 range, at best. Better luck with your next adventure.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby MJFHouston » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:25 am

I was doing some research and came upon this post dated back too 2014.

My question is to Slot Dynatsy and other seasoned collectors to please chime in.

Are we talking about the Ad Lee Company 1933 Trade stimulator "Kings Horse" which you believe is valued at between $550.00 an $850.00.

I ask any and all that know about or even possess this machine if they to feel the same about the machine. IM not trying to put anyone on the spot but obtain some information on this particular machine

I'll make it easy by lets assume the machine is 100 percent complete untouched and original in excellent condition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks so much in advance
MJFHouston

Return to Just Chatting