NEED HELP - PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS MACHINE

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

NEED HELP - PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS MACHINE

Postby John Forney » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:30 am

My name is John Forney and I live in Lafayette Hill, PA. The reason for this posting is see if anybody can identify a very interesting 5 cent candy machine that I have. About 20 years ago I purchased this machine at a flea market. For some reason over the years researching this machine, I am under the impression that it was from the late 30's to early 40's. Let me tell you about it. The original mfgr. was Arthur H. DuGrenier, Inc. from Haverhill, MA. I beleive this was a wall hung machine for like either a bus station, movies, etc. It has four mounting holes in the back. I think it was taken out of service in on 8/20/1966 (written on back). It is a 5 cent candy machine with 12 rectangular glass windows for full size candy bars. It is tall and skinny, weight is approx. 150 lbs. and is painted with the original green paint. The size is approx. 4' tall, 1' wide, 1' deep. The side panel on left has lock, it opens here to expose 188 slots for the candy. It is in great working condition. The nickels drop into a small drawer that slides out. The candy comes out from a slot at the bottom that has a lift type door. All selections are made by pushbuttons on side next to the item. There are a few minor dents and scratches, but is really still in great shape. I have the window slots filled with empty wrappers so it appears full. Please take a look at the pictures and if anybody can give me any insight as to the history or value of this unique machine I would really appreciate it.

Moderator's note: Here are some photos John sent me.

John Forney

Re: NEED HELP - PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS MACHINE

Postby joeylat10 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Evening John

I hope you might be able to help me. Recently i bought an identical machine but am having some problems with the coin mechanism.

I was wondering if you would be able to share some photos of the inside of the cabinet coin mechanism

Any help would be greatly appreciated
joeylat10

Postby joeylat10 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Your machine looks amazing BTW
Last edited by joeylat10 on Thu May 17, 2018 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
joeylat10

Postby Forneysnoop » Thu May 17, 2018 5:50 am

Just wondering where you found this machine and what you paid for it? I surely can take some photos of the co mech for you. Please send me your email address so I can send pics.
Forneysnoop

Return to Just Chatting