Anyone go to the Chicagoland show?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Anyone go to the Chicagoland show?

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:16 pm

I was not able to make the Chicagoland show this fall.

Anyone care to make any comments on it? Any unusual stuff show up? How was the participation (both in terms of dealers and collectors)?

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby cpdretired » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:02 pm

I arrived late Friday morning for the dealer preview day. The late arrival was at 6:30AM. As usual parking was at a premium. There were numerous sellers in the parking lot. Some items were over priced but that is the fun of the hunt.

There were some of the regular dealers that I have seen from my last few visits.

Inside Pheasant Run there was a large assortment of slots, trade stimulators and gumball machines. I bought a Daval Chicago Club-House for $850.00. The machine was in excellent condition. The payout card and lock were not original.

I have only been going to the show for about three years. On the positive side the show was great. The Chicagoland show is billed as Antique Advertising, Slot Machine & Jukebox show.

In my opinion the promoters are letting anyone setup that can pay a table fee. There were people selling reproduction leaded glass table lamps. Embroidered towels with breeds of cats and dogs.
cpdretired

Return to Just Chatting