Bally Console slot, worth picking up?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Re: Bally Console slot, worth picking up?

Postby Anglobritish » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:38 pm

I am 73 and I can still move large machines around, it is all about counter balancing, no need for two men and a boy, just take a good two wheel dolly and a strap, if you have to take it upstairs, you will need one man more unless you have a dolly with track grips on it. I just moved two Keeney Triple Bonus Bell models just yesterday, and it is 90 degrees here.

Trust me, buy this machine, it should also have a coin divider on it, this was developed by Bally, so that the location owner could get to some money for his pay off's.

Unlike the regular slots that have been stagnent in price for nearly 20 years, this machine will go up in the near future, once collectors get educated to collecting them.

Freddy Bailey
Anglobritish

Postby rilaw » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:03 pm

I am going Saturday am to grab it, thank you very much for all the coments! I am going to print out the flyer and frame it next to it (if I do indeed get the slot).. As for picking it up, I have moved sooooooo many arcade cabs, pinball machines, soda machines, gas pumps, and probably worst of all....slant top IGT slots.....Alll by myself with the back of a 189yr old (I'm just shy of 40, with issues).. Took a Battlezone down my bulkhead with zero issues, a dam Top Speed driver....whole nother story, landed on top of me and we rode the stairs down....Live and learn!
rilaw

Postby Anglobritish » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:45 am

I hear you, Atari Battlezone is a very tall machine, I remember when I was a young man in England, me and another operator friend of mine was moving a Seeburg KD jukebox down some stairs when he slipped and the he was wedged between the staircase and a wall, it took the fire department an hour to get it dislodged from the staircase. I have found that when removing heavy machines from a truck, counterbalancing is the way to go, I find it easier to move a machine on my own, than with the help of someone who is not used to lifting heavy items, good look with your Bally purchase, if I were you, I would have the machine add blown up to fit into a 16 x 22 frame, I have done many of these for my various customers who want to have one displayed above their machine.

Good Luck
Freddy Bailey
Anglobritish

Postby rilaw » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:50 am

Well finally picked her up! Slot is in nice shape and will clean up well, Dam these things are heavy! (Had to pull her up a hill and load in my pickup by myself, fun times lol) She powered right up and played, even paid out correctly!
Attachments
tmp_16877-20150726_1213411065228594.jpg
tmp_16877-20150726_121325955677402.jpg
rilaw

Postby TheFatman » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:06 pm

What shape is the round progressive disk in? Its located in the back and is round and has numbers on it. If it is there and intact, be very careful because after all these years, it is very very brittle and can break just with a touch. It is usually warped too. If you are not sure ... let me know and I will take a pic of mine and show you where it is. I dont see the door on the bottom left side, so that might mean I have a later model ... not really sure. I can attach pics if you would like to see.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby rilaw » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:38 am

TheFatman wrote:What shape is the round progressive disk in? Its located in the back and is round and has numbers on it. If it is there and intact, be very careful because after all these years, it is very very brittle and can break just with a touch. It is usually warped too. If you are not sure ... let me know and I will take a pic of mine and show you where it is. I dont see the door on the bottom left side, so that might mean I have a later model ... not really sure. I can attach pics if you would like to see.
Dave F

Disc looks to be in good shape, but does have a slight warp. Also, date on machine is 8/17/48..
Attachments
tmp_6737-20150727_113537551186843.jpg
tmp_6737-20150727_113231149003634.jpg
rilaw

Postby TheFatman » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:01 pm

I would sure love to find one of those for my machine. Dont forget, they are very brittle and thin.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby goodguy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:57 am

The decision is yours--- you say the price is right, if you like it buy it. Don't leasve every
decision to some one else. Evwery ones taste is different. you like it, price right. you
buy it. case closedd goodluck goodguy
goodguy

Postby rilaw » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:07 am

goodguy wrote:The decision is yours--- you say the price is right, if you like it buy it. Don't leasve every
decision to some one else. Evwery ones taste is different. you like it, price right. you
buy it. case closedd goodluck goodguy

Um.....From the statement and spelling I will "assume" alcohol was involved (At least for your sake I hope it was)... Anyway, I value the opinions of other collectors and enjoyed the background information that was given. One can not learn more about a subject unfamiliar to them if questions are not asked.

Again, I thank the Others for their comments and insight.
rilaw

Postby RameGoom » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:39 am

Fatman, that progressive disc can be re-produced easily. Simple photoshop project. You would create a monochrome image in 1:1 size, then have a transparency made. Attach the transparency to a thicker piece of plastic the same dimensions, you're good to go. I have done projects similar to this in the past and they turn out nicely.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting