Just finished my latest project

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Just finished my latest project

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:10 am

After almost 4 years, my wife agreed to letting me finish the basement so the collection could be displayed nicely.

Just finished it last week.

Here are the before and after shots.

IMG_8668.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

Now, the fun task begins of hauling all the machines that were tucked away upstairs and in the unfinished area to their appropriate spot in the basement.
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Just finished my latest project

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:36 am

OK Dave, This must be the 'Before' shot, as I do not see wood floors, paneled walls, tin ceiling, and disco balls.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby TJ » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Look at all that space hope to see that some day.
TJ

Postby atac » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Nice!, however, I distinctly do not see the workshop. Did it get relocated to the garage?
atac

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:25 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:OK Dave, This must be the 'Before' shot, as I do not see wood floors, paneled walls, tin ceiling, and disco balls.

The photo of the finished product can be seen if you click on the 2nd picture. It is a wide angle photo and the software I have for the forum has issues with wide angles.

Regarding tin ceilings. I actually wanted those but my wife said no :(

The closest things I could get to disco balls were the lighted tray ceilings and the backlit TV :D
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:30 pm

atac wrote:Nice!, however, I distinctly do not see the workshop. Did it get relocated to the garage?

I actually have two workshops in the basement.

The "clean" workshop is behind the closed double doors. This is where I will work on drones, have a 3D printer and do other stuff that does not make a huge mess. Off of that workshop is my "dirty" workshop which has the bead blaster, grinder, and stuff that makes a mess.

The "dirty" work shop is where a ton of stuff was stored while the basement was being finished and it is still not all that accessible.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:45 pm

Dave wrote:
SLOT DYNASTY wrote:OK Dave, This must be the 'Before' shot, as I do not see wood floors, paneled walls, tin ceiling, and disco balls.

The photo of the finished product can be seen if you click on the 2nd picture. It is a wide angle photo and the software I have for the forum has issues with wide angles.

Regarding tin ceilings. I actually wanted those but my wife said no :(

The closest things I could get to disco balls were the lighted tray ceilings and the backlit TV :D

OK Dave, now I see it. No wood floor, paneled walls, tin ceiling, and disco balls.
But I do like those cubby-holes for the Victorian Uprights. Nice job. :D
Can't wait to see it when it is full-o-stuff!
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby marsonion » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:54 pm

OK, what variety of exotic pet goes into the "Show Terrarium" between the alcoves?

It's either a very spacious terrarium or a very highly-positioned, glass-fronted fireplace, which wouldn't be too damn logical... and if there's one thing we know about our host it's that he's damn logical. 8)

[Late Added Note: OOPS! :oops: ]
Last edited by marsonion on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marsonion

Postby RameGoom » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:57 pm

Dave, I'm doing the same thing with my basement right now. I blacked out the ceilings with 24 gallons of black paint (so far) and adding a bedroom and bath room. I have an escelara so since we're neighbors, if you need it, just ask. It will come in very handy when moving machines up or down stairs.

Keep the pictures coming.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:29 pm

marsonion wrote:OK, what variety of exotic pet goes into the "Show Terrarium" between the alcoves?

It's either a very spacious terrarium or a very highly-positioned, glass-fronted fireplace, which wouldn't be too damn logical... and if there's one thing we know about our host it's that he's damn logical. 8)

Hmm, never thought of putting in a terrarium. It is, in fact, a 47" linear fireplace.
Dave
Site Admin

Next

Return to Just Chatting