Just finished my latest project

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Re: Just finished my latest project

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:35 pm

RameGoom wrote:Dave, I'm doing the same thing with my basement right now. I blacked out the ceilings with 24 gallons of black paint (so far) and adding a bedroom and bath room. I have an escelara so since we're neighbors, if you need it, just ask. It will come in very handy when moving machines up or down stairs.

Keep the pictures coming.

Thanks for the offer. Our basement is a walkout and I had ramp installed instead of steps so no stairs between upstairs and downstairs . Took forever to find a cement guy willing to put in a ramp instead of stairs.

Machines have started migrating into the basement. :D

IMG_2810.JPG
Dave
Site Admin

Postby marsonion » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:42 pm

Dave wrote:
marsonion wrote:OK, what variety of exotic pet goes into the "Show Terrarium" between the alcoves?

It's either a very spacious terrarium or a very highly-positioned, glass-fronted fireplace, which wouldn't be too damn logical... and if there's one thing we know about our host it's that he's damn logical. 8)

Hmm, never thought of putting in a terrarium. It is, in fact, a 47" linear fireplace.

Ouch, I sure am embarrassed that I can't tell the difference between a terrarium and a fireplace! Ah well, maybe you can get the best of both worlds by serving roast iguana to your guests. :D

Absolutely great looking display and entertainment space you've made there for your fine collection-- terrific work!
marsonion

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:43 pm

RameGoom wrote:Dave, I'm doing the same thing with my basement right now. I blacked out the ceilings with 24 gallons of black paint (so far) and adding a bedroom and bath room. I have an escelara so since we're neighbors, if you need it, just ask. It will come in very handy when moving machines up or down stairs.

Keep the pictures coming.

We used over 45 gallons of paint on the basement. Good luck with the basement. I am sure you will enjoy it when it is done.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:46 am

Here are some photos with the machines in the basement.

image007.jpg
image005.jpg
image004.jpg
image002.jpg
image001.jpg
IMG_2938.jpeg
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Memories » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:25 am

You're doing a great job in the basement....Nice looking Machines.....You have them arranged real nice too....

Keep going.....
Memories
Memories

Postby sm1116 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:59 am

Now that's a nice project to finish. I sure it was a lot work but the results a well wort it. What a great job!!!!!
Stu
sm1116

Postby RameGoom » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Beautiful and tasteful. Can't wait to see it in person.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby damikeguy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:29 pm

I like the wall of Watling. Is that your first blue front with them?
Mike
damikeguy

Postby Mendozaco » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Show off!

Just a bit jealous here, but it sure looks very nice. =D> Congratulations on a job well done and enjoy your time in your mancave.
Mendozaco

Postby Dave » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:14 pm

damikeguy wrote:I like the wall of Watling. Is that your first blue front with them?

The Blue Front is the machine that I restored about 20 years ago and documented the entire restoration on video tape and now sell it on DVDs

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting