DICE WHEEL IDENTIFICATION PLEASE!

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

DICE WHEEL IDENTIFICATION PLEASE!

Postby rtmccurdy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Can anyone help me date and identify this dice gambling wheel? Wheel has age and is well-made (approx. 16 1/2" in diameter). Sits on a blue porcelain base in excellent condition (detail parts nickel plated). Adjustable top rod with spring and leather? tipped end. Hope the pictures help! Thanks, Robert
Attachments
pic1.JPG
pic2.JPG
pic3.JPG
pic4.JPG
pic5.JPG
rtmccurdy

Re: DICE WHEEL IDENTIFICATION PLEASE!

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:15 am

Hi Robert:
It appears from your pics, that you have an H.C.Evans "Chuck-A-Luck" wheel, "Big Six" version, that someone has altered, or Evans made
a version with way different odds, which does not come under the classification of a 'Big Six'. I have pics and info in my files, of an identical
wheel, that is 24" dia., with the three alike dice, (3 Aces, 3 Deuces, 3 Treys, etc.), on the green stops only. Your wheel, which you say is a
16.5" dia., has these same three alike dice on the red & black stops, with the exception of a set of 3 Aces on two of the greens. Take a real
close look at your wheel, to see if many of the dice symbols have been relocated, as all of your 48 stops are in the correct position. Same as
the pics of the 24" wheel. These wheels originally came in a very well built carrying case, that held the wheel, base, and all the hardware.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby rtmccurdy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:21 am

Bill---Thanks for the great information! I checked the wheel with a flashlight and there is no evidence of overpainting or alteration---the crazing and dice dots are all consistent and unaltered. It will be for sale/trade eventually so could you please PM me a price range when you have a minute. Robert
rtmccurdy

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:57 am

Hi Robert:
Sorry for the delayed reply. I did get your PM about the subject, but it somehow got lost in the shuffle,
and never got answered.
Anyhow, the other wheel like yours, only with the different symbol layout, sold on ebay, about two or
three months ago, for about $800. There is another wheel on eBay at present, but it is incomplete. It's
the wheel only, with no stand, and the wheel is a bit scuffed-up, at a Buy-It-Now price of $450. I have
seen many Big Six wheels, and the like, on ebay, and live auctions, for many years, but really never kept
any records of what they sold for. But I do have many variations of them in my photo files.
Good luck with your sale, Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby rtmccurdy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:29 pm

Thanks for the info Bill. The smaller size of this wheel and nice porcelain base make it suitable for "table top" display. If/when I list it I may ask for $895 and take offers.
rtmccurdy

Return to Just Chatting