Fake Slots / Newbie Buyers

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:05 pm

Could you measure how wide the middle casting is on your reproduction War Eagle? Specifically the top of the middle casting? I would like to compare it to an original War Eagle.

FYI, I have no problem with Tom K. selling the repros at Chicago because he tells everyone exactly what they are.

I do have problems with places like Eagle who dance around the subject.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby cpdretired » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:19 pm

Dave wrote:Could you measure how wide the middle casting is on your reproduction War Eagle? Specifically the top of the middle casting? I would like to compare it to an original War Eagle.

FYI, I have no problem with Tom K. selling the repros at Chicago because he tells everyone exactly what they are.

I do have problems with places like Eagle who dance around the subject.

Measuring just above the glass where the fruit is displayed it is 14 1/4" wide.
cpdretired

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:32 pm

cpdretired

Measuring just above the glass where the fruit is displayed it is 14 1/4" wide.

My original War Eagle is 14 5/16. So it looks like the original is only 1/16" wider than the reproduction.
Dave
Site Admin

Fake/repros

Postby watlingboy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:48 pm

When the fake match plate or master was made up there must have been wax added to make the copies closer to the original. If I remember correctly, aluminum shrinks approximately 3/16 of an inch per foot. It should be about 1/4" short, 1/8th on each side, if not built up.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Previous

Return to Just Chatting