Update on recent For Sale posts

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Update on recent For Sale posts

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:00 am

I have received more information regarding the recent for sale posts.

No time to discuss right now but both posts have been removed.

More information to follow.
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Update on recent For Sale posts

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:04 am

I just got off the phone with the actual owner of collection #2.

He is OK with the photos being on the Internet so I have restored that listing in the For Sale section.

He seems like a very nice guy. I invited him to join the forum and to indicate he is the owner of the machines. That way interested people can interact directly with the owner. I do not want to be the middleman.

Regarding collection #1, I received an email last night from a forum member who recognized the machines and gave me the contact information of the owner. I tried calling him but could not get a hold of him. The forum member also contacted the owner and gave him my contact information.

I received a nice email from the owner this morning. He said he did not authorize the machines to be put on the Internet and requested that I take the listing down (which I have done). He also indicated that the prices listed were in fact higher than what he is asking.

So, Bill, it looks like your nose was pretty accurate :D (regarding the smell test).
Dave
Site Admin

Postby MONTI » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:25 am

Thanks for handling this in a very professional manner Dave, absolutely love this forum and what you have done here!
Also, Bill, thanks for your supportive posting as well!
Monti
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:24 am

Dave wrote:
Regarding collection #1, I received an email last night from a forum member who recognized the machines and gave me the contact information of the owner. I tried calling him but could not get a hold of him. The forum member also contacted the owner and gave him my contact information.

I received a nice email from the owner this morning. He said he did not authorize the machines to be put on the Internet and requested that I take the listing down (which I have done). He also indicated that the prices listed were in fact higher than what he is asking.

So, Bill, it looks like your nose was pretty accurate :D (regarding the smell test).

Well Dave, I guess that makes me only 'half stupid' from the original threat that was thrown my way. #-o Ha!
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:30 am

not to add more fuel to the fire (which is almost out) but, the poster was striking up deals via p.m.s, ,ect. with "o.k. , you got that machine , at this price....." which was higher prices than shown in the posting. one was $600.00 more. forum members were fast to shy away with the price jump.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Return to Just Chatting