Is this superior Golden Gooseneck correct?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Is this superior Golden Gooseneck correct?

Postby clubconsoles » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:56 pm

I am in the market for any superior confection machine that is for sale, as I would like to have a three reeler from every known manufacturer in my collection.

I have been offered this one but i can see a potential problem as it looks to possibly have the wrong mech?

All the info i can find on superior confection machines state that nickel machines vend mint rolls and only penny machines vend gumballs.

Could anyone whom is familiar with this niche manufacturer confirm a ball park value for this machine and whether the mech has been incorrectly swapped from a machine with the mint roll vendor?

Thanks Nigel
Attachments
JBG100163_1__98786_zoom.jpg
clubconsoles

Re: Is this superior Golden Gooseneck correct?

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:19 pm

You are right in assuming this Superior is not correct. I would stay very far away from it.
Only 1c models had the gumball vender, and this one has been swapped with a nickel mech.
The 5c model had the mint vender, as well as a 25c version, (which was a lot to spend for a
roll of mints back then), but how many players took them anyway? This one is painted-up all
spiffy, to move it quick, to an unsuspecting buyer. Also, who knows what else is incorrect or
missing from the inside?
These machines are a bit on the pricey side, compared to other special model 3 reelers. The
best thing to do, is look back at some of the past live auction results, like VCA, to see what
they have brought. Though I don't remember seeing one in any of the latest auctions. Perhaps
one of our Forum members has purchased one recently, and can give you an idea.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Whoops! I also forgot to mention, that the gumball loading door is an incorrect style,
home-made version, with a cheap cam-lock.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby clubconsoles » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:26 pm

thanks for your input Bill!
clubconsoles

Postby altort » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Nigel

I have both the 1¢ and the 5¢ Superior of this model, and correct the one you are looking at should be a mint vender not a gum ball vender and that gum ball door is all wrong, usually you see the 5¢ version with the escalator not with the goose neck, but I have seen the 5¢ goose neck and it was a mint vender not gum ball.

One just sold for $3400.00 a 1¢ gum ball vender, I seen them as high as $6000.00 asking price, I don't know if it sold at that, if the price is low enough buy it but assume that there is a lot more that is not correct or missing like the gold award, jack pot and vender linkages .

Al
altort

Return to Just Chatting