Evans "Lucky Lucre"

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Evans "Lucky Lucre"

Postby Two-Bit Restorations » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:08 pm

I'm looking for the top glass for an Evans "Lucky Lucre" flat top console. Dick Bueschel published a "Coin Slot Guide" # 26 about this very rare , 5 player console. My glass is cracked and about 96 % complete. Do you know anyone that can reproduce top glass?
Two-Bit Restorations

Re: Evans "Lucky Lucre"

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:38 am

Two-Bit Restorations wrote:I'm looking for the top glass for an Evans "Lucky Lucre" flat top console. Dick Bueschel published a "Coin Slot Guide" # 26 about this very rare , 5 player console. My glass is cracked and about 96 % complete. Do you know anyone that can reproduce top glass?

Hi Jeff:
I just answered another Forum member the other day, about a console glass he was seeking. I checked with a long time collector & dealer
whom specialized in Console machines, and had a very extensive supply of original glass, and he advised me that he had sold everything
about two years ago. I'm sure you know who I am referring to. I then e-mailed him back, to see if he would reveal who he sold his stock to,
and if any or all of it were for sale. I have not heard back as yet. I will follow up with a call to him, in a few days, if I don't hear anything,
and will let you know.
Additionally, there is a long time collector in San Francisco, who has many Console Slots, and knew a fellow that could repair and reproduce
any glass. I seen a lot of his work at the time, and he also did a repair job for me. I no longer remember his name, or where to look for his
contact info. If you are interested in this route, I will try to get in contact with the collector, (whom I haven't spoke to in several years), to
see if that person is still doing glass work.
Also, shoot me pics of that "Lucky Lucre", as I do not have one in my photo files. However, I do have pics of an Evans "Lucky Star".
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Two-Bit Restorations » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:20 am

Hi Bill,
Any help would be greatly appreciated. The machine is complete and I have been reluctant to tackle restoring it without solving the glass issue first. Thanks again for all your help and I will send you pictures later on today along with the serial number. Sincerely,
Jeff
Two-Bit Restorations
Two-Bit Restorations

Postby clubconsoles » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:57 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:
Two-Bit Restorations wrote:I'm looking for the top glass for an Evans "Lucky Lucre" flat top console. Dick Bueschel published a "Coin Slot Guide" # 26 about this very rare , 5 player console. My glass is cracked and about 96 % complete. Do you know anyone that can reproduce top glass?

Hi Jeff:
I just answered another Forum member the other day, about a console glass he was seeking. I checked with a long time collector & dealer
whom specialized in Console machines, and had a very extensive supply of original glass, and he advised me that he had sold everything
about two years ago. I'm sure you know who I am referring to. I then e-mailed him back, to see if he would reveal who he sold his stock to,
and if any or all of it were for sale. I have not heard back as yet. I will follow up with a call to him, in a few days, if I don't hear anything,
and will let you know.
Additionally, there is a long time collector in San Francisco, who has many Console Slots, and knew a fellow that could repair and reproduce
any glass. I seen a lot of his work at the time, and he also did a repair job for me. I no longer remember his name, or where to look for his
contact info. If you are interested in this route, I will try to get in contact with the collector, (whom I haven't spoke to in several years), to
see if that person is still doing glass work.
Also, shoot me pics of that "Lucky Lucre", as I do not have one in my photo files. However, I do have pics of an Evans "Lucky Star".
Bill

Hi Bill
I would be very interested to know of anyone who can either reproduce or provide original glass tops for Consoles

many Thanks

Nigel
clubconsoles

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:38 pm

there is a guy that reproduces glass for pin ball machines. right type of glass ,& uses "decals" (for a lack of a better word), for the images.
basically prints out 2 decals to give depth to the areas needed. But the glass size he's use to working with no doubt is a smaller area (14 X 24 or something) ,might not have the larger size you need. plus ,it IS noticeable in difference in detail , color , ect. Which he's honest about. fairly high on the price too.
Let me try to locate the contact information on him for you. has a nice web site ,has lots of information , & examples of his work ,next to the original.
if need be, send me a p.m. later , or tomorrow.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:08 pm

clubconsoles wrote:Hi Bill
I would be very interested to know of anyone who can either reproduce or provide original glass tops for Consoles.
Many Thanks, Nigel

Hi Nigel:
Will let you know as well, if any info is acquired from my source.
The biggest problem with this sort of service, is the shipping. I have had several glass panels shipped to me over the years,
as well as shipping the same outbound, with no mishaps. But today is a different story. You can build a fortress around glass
panels, with tons of padding, and still have it arrive damaged. I think UPS & FedEx now have special classes, to show their
handlers, the precise angle, to slam something to the ground, to sustain the greatest amount of damage. Look at what has
happened to many "Well-Packed" Slot machines, received by our collectors, these past couple of years. Just one horror story
after another. This is just the happenings in the U.S. If a Console glass has to be shipped across-the-pond, "God help you"! #-o
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Two-Bit Restorations » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi Bill,
I emailed you a dozen different photos of the "Lucky Lucre" along with it's serial number. Hope you have received them. Please let me know. If anyone is interested in this machine, I would be happy to send them photos and discuss a price.
Sincerely,
Jeff
Two-Bit Restorations
Two-Bit Restorations

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:17 pm

Two-Bit Restorations wrote:Hi Bill,
I emailed you a dozen different photos of the "Lucky Lucre" along with it's serial number. Hope you have received them. Please let me know. If anyone is interested in this machine, I would be happy to send them photos and discuss a price.
Sincerely,
Jeff
Two-Bit Restorations

Hi Jeff:
Got the pics. And so many! Thanks. This is one Evans model you do not see much of at all. Wonder how many were produced?
Also, just got back, and received the bucks. Will get your order off to you 'post-haste'. Happy belated Turkey Day. :)
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:13 am

TWO-BIT RESTORATIONS;
Sorry for my delay.
Here is the site of the man who "restores" artwork on glass for pinball machines......http://bgresto.com/
hope this helps , even if you don't use his services.
Jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Return to Just Chatting