1924 jennings trade stimulator value

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Re: 1924 jennings trade stimulator value

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:28 pm

not bad looking at all. take your time on the restoration. as Richard said , nice to see the deferred payment parts still there.
lower back doors seem to always be missing on these. my revamp is missing it's lower. be cautious on buying one ,most are ill fitting reproductions = shrinkage in it's casting. seems repros are around $100.00 on e-ban , originals ,if you can find them , around $150.00. working on making a oak version for mine, with a new lock. I love the earlier upper door like you have , but since no one ever sees it, it's artistic beauty is lost.
few more photos on the over all mechanics (each side) would be nice. like you ,I'm more knowledgeable with newer Mills ,not early Jennings.
have to compare your photos with my revamp. mine might still have a few "not needed" parts ,after it's revamp.
very nice , & the price was good for a "complete machine".
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby MTB » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:32 pm

JHSS-1944 wrote:not bad looking at all. take your time on the restoration. as Richard said , nice to see the deferred payment parts still there.
lower back doors seem to always be missing on these. my revamp is missing it's lower. be cautious on buying one ,most are ill fitting reproductions = shrinkage in it's casting. seems repros are around $100.00 on e-ban , originals ,if you can find them , around $150.00. working on making a oak version for mine, with a new lock. I love the earlier upper door like you have , but since no one ever sees it, it's artistic beauty is lost.
few more photos on the over all mechanics (each side) would be nice. like you ,I'm more knowledgeable with newer Mills ,not early Jennings.
have to compare your photos with my revamp. mine might still have a few "not needed" parts ,after it's revamp.
very nice , & the price was good for a "complete machine".
jeff H.

Thanks Jeff. I'll post more pics. I have no key for lock-it's a Yale. and need to see a picture of the lower back door-so I can make one.
MTB

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:44 pm

shouldn't be to difficult to pick..... find a lock smith to pick it & make keys for it. might be able to find another lock that matches, via this forum ,for the lower door (same key number, or lock smith can rework the lock to match the key).
back door similar to this (I believe), which WAS for sale (and painted).
roughly 12 11/16 X 3 3/4 X half inch thick on the edge.
sorry no photo of the back side.
jeff H.
Attachments
jennings lower back door 4 x 13.jpg
JHSS-1944

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:56 pm

I might be wrong but , looks like it was set up with a side vendor ??
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Richard13 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:52 pm

Jeff is correct it had a vendor on it at one time but those are hard to find and can be expensive. Until you find one just put some nickel carriage head bolts in the upper holes and. Make a fancy cover for the operating lever slot on the bottom and bolt it in too. How cool would it be if you had the no candy coin return mechanism in there?
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby MTB » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:45 am

JHSS-1944 wrote:shouldn't be to difficult to pick..... find a lock smith to pick it & make keys for it. might be able to find another lock that matches, via this forum ,for the lower door (same key number, or lock smith can rework the lock to match the key).
back door similar to this (I believe), which WAS for sale (and painted).
roughly 12 11/16 X 3 3/4 X half inch thick on the edge.
sorry no photo of the back side.
jeff H.

Thanks Jeff. I'll take the lock to locksmith. Looking at the picture of the lower back door...I thought it was made of wood-not aluminum casting?
MTB

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:11 pm

no , aluminum , some seen a bit fancier but , assumed added as part of the revamp. of course this makes little sense as you almost never see the back side.
I'm making one for mine in Oak wood just to do it.
JHSS-1944

Previous

Return to Just Chatting