CAASH BOX Magazine Download

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

CAASH BOX Magazine Download

Postby Rick-okc » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:58 am

Here's another magazine you guys may be interested in looking at.
Below is how American Radio History described CASH BOX magazine.

Cash Box is a defunct music industry trade magazine that was published weekly from July 1942 to November 1996.
Cash Box was one of several magazines that published record charts in the United States. Its most prominent competitors were Billboard and Record World (known as Music Vendor prior to April 1964). Unlike Billboard, Cash Box initially combined all currently available recordings of a song into one chart position with artist and label information shown for each version, alphabetized by label.
Originally, no indication of which version was the biggest seller was given, but from October 25, 1952, a star was placed next to the names of the most important artists. Cash Box also printed shorter jukebox charts which included specific artist data beginning in the spring of 1950.
Separate charts were presented for juke box popularity, record sales, and radio airplay, similar to Billboard's methodology prior to August 1958, when Billboard debuted its "Hot 100," which attempted to combine all measures of popularity into one all-encompassing chart. In addition, Cash Box published chart data for specific genres, such as country music and R&B music.

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Cash-Box-Magazine.htm
Rick-okc

Re: CAASH BOX Magazine Download

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:25 pm

Rick:
Very interesting info. Having a long time musical background, I was very familiar with Cash Box in the 1950's, but
never subscribed to the weekly rag. Nor did I ever buy any copies that I remember. Probably because, starting at
$1.00 per copy, in 1942, (weekly), for something that was hammered-out on a typewriter didn't appeal to me. I
see the price doubled to $2.00, three months later, with the first Oct. 1942 issue Wow! The final issues of 1996,
were only at $3.95 Thanks for the heads-up. You sure put in a lot of hours, researching publications.

Which reminds me, I have not dug out my copies of "C.D.I." for you as yet, but I did get out the binder that has all
issues listed, of every magazine I ever subscribed to. So we can at least go over that, as I did notice some dating
inconsistencies in your lists. As far as I know, all my lists are 'spot-on' accurate, from 1st issue to last, with any
non publication breaks in between.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Re: CAASH BOX Magazine Download

Postby Rick-okc » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks Bill for the input.
If you don't mind, PM or email me the inconsistencies in the dates.
I'll double check them as well.
Rick-okc

Return to Just Chatting